    rca jacks that i have on an x-box output connector? The jacks are
    different colors and i cant figure out where the blue and green rca
    jacks go on my surround sound receiver.
    sambo777, Jan 30, 2004

  2. sambo777

    Anthrax442 Guest

    "sambo777" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > can anyone explain the correct connections for the varing color coded
    > rca jacks that i have on an x-box output connector? The jacks are
    > different colors and i cant figure out where the blue and green rca
    > jacks go on my surround sound receiver.

    Uhhh, those are component video cables, so unless you have component video
    input in your receiver, you've got the wrong adapter for your X-Box. The
    only audio connectors that go to your receiver are either the other red
    cable and white cable beside it for stereo, or the optical digital port for
    digital audio. Hope this helps.

    --
    Anthrax442

    "Well, throw in a rectal exam, and this'll be the best day ever!"
    Xander Harris
    Anthrax442, Jan 31, 2004

  3. sambo777 wrote:
    > can anyone explain the correct connections for the varing color coded
    > rca jacks that i have on an x-box output connector? The jacks are
    > different colors and i cant figure out where the blue and green rca
    > jacks go on my surround sound receiver.

    What you have picked up is the High Definition AV Pack (note that your
    TV need not be HD capable to use this pack, but it must have component
    in). The red and white jacks are audio, the rest are video. If your TV
    has that component input, use the cord provided to connect the component
    out on the kit to the component in on the TV. If your TV does not have
    component in, return the HD AV Pack and purchase the Advanced AV Pack.
    The Advanced Pack has both composite and S-Video out, if your TV has
    S-Vid in use that, if not use composite (the yellow RCA jack).

    With regard to the audio, you can either connect the red and white cords
    to your TV or your stereo reciever for Dolby Pro Logic. However, if you
    want Dolby Digital 5.1 surround you're going to need to buy an optical
    (toslink) cable and connect that from the HD AV Pack to the stereo
    reciever. If your reciever does not have optical in, but has a coaxial
    port labelled digital in, you can buy a converter at radioshack to still
    get DD5.1. In my opinion, DD5.1 alone makes either the advanced or HD
    pack worth it.

    Adios,
    ~Nick
    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 31, 2004
  4. sambo777

    Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:32:56 GMT, Nicholas Andrade <>
    wrote:

    >sambo777 wrote:
    >> can anyone explain the correct connections for the varing color coded
    >> rca jacks that i have on an x-box output connector? The jacks are
    >> different colors and i cant figure out where the blue and green rca
    >> jacks go on my surround sound receiver.

    >What you have picked up is the High Definition AV Pack (note that your
    >TV need not be HD capable to use this pack, but it must have component
    >in). The red and white jacks are audio, the rest are video. If your TV
    >has that component input, use the cord provided to connect the component
    >out on the kit to the component in on the TV. If your TV does not have
    >component in, return the HD AV Pack and purchase the Advanced AV Pack.
    >The Advanced Pack has both composite and S-Video out, if your TV has
    >S-Vid in use that, if not use composite (the yellow RCA jack).
    >
    >With regard to the audio, you can either connect the red and white cords
    >to your TV or your stereo reciever for Dolby Pro Logic. However, if you
    >want Dolby Digital 5.1 surround you're going to need to buy an optical
    >(toslink) cable and connect that from the HD AV Pack to the stereo
    >reciever. If your reciever does not have optical in, but has a coaxial
    >port labelled digital in, you can buy a converter at radioshack to still
    >get DD5.1. In my opinion, DD5.1 alone makes either the advanced or HD
    >pack worth it.
    >
    >Adios,
    >~Nick

    I have been reading this thread because I would like to connect my DVD
    audio to my stereo. I dont need all this extra stuff you are saying,
    such as surround. I just hook it to my stereo. However, I'd like to
    still use the stereo tv speakers too. Do I just buy two "Y" adaptors
    at Radio Shack, or do I need something special to use both?

    Thanks

    Mark
    , Feb 8, 2004