Razer Diamondback Plasma LE Review @ PC Modding Malaysia

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Silverstrand

Silverstrand

[​IMG]
    Content: "Overall the Razer Diamondback Plasma LE is as perfect a gaming mouse can be as anything better than this would have something to do with lazer sensors. To be short, the Plasma LE is the best in its class. The mouse provided excellent responsiveness, thanks to its 1600 dpi infrared sensor and always ON mode. As for starters, this mouse may be a little too fast for you but fret not because the driver lets you adjust different types of sensitivity and speeds. Changing sensitivity without having to use the “Alt+TAB” button is also possible with the “On-the-fly Sensitivity” feature. Gamers will certainly love this feature as it gives total control over the mouse, which is a critical point for professional gamers."
    Link: http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/content.php?review.299

Silverstrand, Sep 20, 2005
    1. Advertising

2. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Ah, a tad behind the times but yes, I've had the Diamondback Plasma LE for about a month now. It's a great gaming mouse but my personal take on it is that as an everyday mouse it falls short in quite a few areas.
    First is its weight. It weighs next to nothing and has a tendency to fly about on the desktop more than it should. I actually modded mine and added weights to it to stop this.
    For most use the mouse is way too fast, luckily it has on-the-fly sensitivity control.
    The side buttons are all but useless. Their positioning was not properly thought out and they tend to be way too difficult to press. I use my Logitech MX1000 (and prior to that, MX700, MX500 and so forth) and the side buttons are an absolute must for me. The Diamondback also has "lefty" buttons but they get in the way for right handers (as the right ones probably would for lefties).
    All that aside it's wicked precise and just looks totally killer. But, but... It's now yesterday's news. Razer's new flagship is the Copperhead, a 2000dpi laser mouse with programmable weights and even more insane precision.
    Details here:
    Yeah, it's not cordless/rechargable. That'd be the icing on the cake here but oh well, can't have it all.
    [​IMG]
    Click for larger image

The Modfather, Sep 21, 2005
    1. Advertising

3. Silverstrand

unholy

looks nice, outa my league, i am on of low DPI's, 400 DPI is real sweet for me when gaming.

unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

The Modfather

Why's it outta yer league? It's just a mouse, not a Yacht. :) I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the Copperhead myself, Logitech has a new mouse coming out any day now that has almost the same specs.

The Modfather, Sep 21, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

Silverstrand

I just got Sunbeam's 600 - 1200 dpi mouse in yesterday. It would prolly suit you.

Silverstrand, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

unholy

it prolly would hey? u know why... kause SUNBEAM ROCKS :D

unholy, Sep 23, 2005
    1. Advertising