    as I've heard. Anyone have firsthand experiences with any problems viewing
    this dvd?

    T.B.

    TB, Feb 3, 2005

  2. TB

    Rich Clark Guest

    TB wrote:
    > I've heard a few complaints about how poorly the "cut" footage looks
    > compared to the regular footage when viewing the extended version.

    Also, it
    > appears there's a significant lag when branching to these scenes

    (which
    > makes the "seamless" branching feature anything but seamless) which

    also
    > occurs in some of these scene breaks when viewing the theatrical cut.

    I had
    > planned on picking this one up but now I may not if it's as truly

    messed up
    > as I've heard. Anyone have firsthand experiences with any problems

    viewing
    > this dvd?

    They could have handled it better. The only way to see the
    deleted/alternate scenes on the regular edition is to use branching,
    and the extra scenes look like crap and don't flow well. In the Limited
    Edition, I understand, these scenes are also available separately on
    the extra disc.

    On the other hand, even the theatrical cut is over-long, IMO, and the
    movie looks and sounds fine if you just watch that.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Feb 3, 2005

  3. TB

    thurston Guest

    Another point is the first Ray I picked up was faulty( the version that has
    only one disc with material on both sides). Returned it and replaced it
    with the version that has two disc and everything was OK. BB clerk informed
    that several single disc copies were returned as defective.

    Kooly

    thurston, Feb 4, 2005