    have
    a double sided disk. Is this correct and where do you find them?

    Thanks!
    Bob Bohling, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Bob Bohling

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@{NOSPAMALLOWED}comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I bought Ray and it was on a double sided disk: Movie on side 1 and Bonus
    > features side 2. I checked out the Limited Edition version at Costco,
    > which
    > had 2 disks. It was the same two sided, with additional bonus features on
    > the
    > disk. I have heard there is a two disk version of the film, that does not
    > have
    > a double sided disk. Is this correct and where do you find them?

    I've heard that the fullscreen version comes on two double-sided disks. I've
    also heard that the copies manufactured for rental are also configured this
    way.

    I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs, other
    than the Limited Edition.

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Rich Clark wrote:
    > I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs,
    > other than the Limited Edition.

    My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Who is happy enough with his copy of "Ray."
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 8, 2005
  4. "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > Rich Clark wrote:
    > > I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs,
    > > other than the Limited Edition.

    > My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.
    >
    > Brian The Demolition Man Little
    > Who is happy enough with his copy of "Ray."

    The Ray that I bought is the Widescreen version that also has the deleted
    scenes that you can watch or the theatrical version. I started trying to
    watch the extended version but the way that it worked in my DVD player
    bothered me because it seemed to skip between scenes, so I wathced the
    theatrical version instead. It is one disk.
    Pamela and Howard Signa, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Bob Bohling

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:49:16 -0600, "Pamela and Howard Signa"
    <> wrote:

    >I started trying to
    >watch the extended version but the way that it worked in my DVD player
    >bothered me because it seemed to skip between scenes, so I wathced the
    >theatrical version instead. It is one disk.

    I agree. Watch the theatrical version first so the extended version will
    make more sense. Actually, I think the extended version was added as
    advertising hype. The theatrical version is very satisfactory all by
    itself.

    --
    BT
    Bill Turner, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Bob Bohling

    Rich Clark Guest

    > Rich Clark wrote:
    >> I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs,
    >> other than the Limited Edition.

    > My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.

    What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Feb 8, 2005
  7. Bob Bohling

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > > Rich Clark wrote:
    > >> I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs,
    > >> other than the Limited Edition.

    > > My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.

    > What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    What's the difference between "limited" and whatever they call the other
    version? I thought "limited" was just a marketing scam to sell more copies
    of the exact same movie. My WS version of Ray includes 2 disks and I have no
    idea if it is "limited' or not, nor do I care.
    ShadowRaptor, Feb 8, 2005
  8. Bob Bohling

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    "Pamela and Howard Signa" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > > Rich Clark wrote:
    > > > I don't believe there's an R1 retail widescreen edition on 2 discs,
    > > > other than the Limited Edition.

    > > My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.
    > >
    > > Brian The Demolition Man Little
    > > Who is happy enough with his copy of "Ray."
    > >

    > The Ray that I bought is the Widescreen version that also has the deleted
    > scenes that you can watch or the theatrical version. I started trying to
    > watch the extended version but the way that it worked in my DVD player
    > bothered me because it seemed to skip between scenes, so I wathced the
    > theatrical version instead. It is one disk.

    They did a horrible job editing the cut scenes into the theatrical version.
    ShadowRaptor, Feb 8, 2005
  9. Bob Bohling

    Rich Clark Guest

    "ShadowRaptor" <> wrote in message
    > "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > My Widescreen non-limited is 2 discs.

    >> What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    > What's the difference between "limited" and whatever they call the other
    > version? I thought "limited" was just a marketing scam to sell more copies
    > of the exact same movie. My WS version of Ray includes 2 disks and I have
    > no
    > idea if it is "limited' or not, nor do I care.

    There were two (three if you count fullscreen) versions released. One had
    two "sides." One had three.

    The version with two "sides" was apparently packaged as either one
    dual-sided disk or two single-sided disks (although Universal lists it as a
    one-disk release), but the content of the sides are the same: (1) the movie
    and (2) a set of extras, including two "complete musical performances."

    The version with three sides -- the Limited Edition -- included the
    dual-sided disk plus an additional disk of extras. Among these were nine
    more performances. It came in a book-like binding rather than a case.

    Since the standard retail widescreen release was *supposed* to be one disk,
    I'm wondering where these two-disk versions came from. Are they intended for
    the rental market? Were they mis-priced LE's sold as standard by mistake?

    And do they have graphics on both disks?

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Feb 8, 2005
  10. Bob Bohling

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message

    > "ShadowRaptor" <> wrote in message
    > > "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message

    > >> What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    > > What's the difference between "limited" and whatever they call the other
    > > version? I thought "limited" was just a marketing scam to sell more

    copies
    > > of the exact same movie. My WS version of Ray includes 2 disks and I

    have
    > > no
    > > idea if it is "limited' or not, nor do I care.

    > There were two (three if you count fullscreen) versions released. One had
    > two "sides." One had three.
    >
    > The version with two "sides" was apparently packaged as either one
    > dual-sided disk or two single-sided disks (although Universal lists it as

    > one-disk release), but the content of the sides are the same: (1) the

    movie
    > and (2) a set of extras, including two "complete musical performances."
    >
    > The version with three sides -- the Limited Edition -- included the
    > dual-sided disk plus an additional disk of extras. Among these were nine
    > more performances. It came in a book-like binding rather than a case.
    >
    > Since the standard retail widescreen release was *supposed* to be one

    disk,
    > I'm wondering where these two-disk versions came from. Are they intended

    for
    > the rental market? Were they mis-priced LE's sold as standard by mistake?
    >
    > And do they have graphics on both disks?
    >
    > RichC

    Can't answer your first questions, but yes, both disks in the set I have
    have full graphics.
    ShadowRaptor, Feb 8, 2005
  11. Bob Bohling

    Larry Guest

    In article <nJ4Od.19882$>,
    says...
    > They did a horrible job editing the cut scenes into the theatrical version.

    Actually they didn't EDIT much... one scene was repeated several times
    (different dialogue each time)

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Feb 8, 2005
  12. Bob Bohling

    Bob Bohling Guest

    The limited edition is pretty much a rip-off.
    It has nicer packaging and a booklet inside,
    with still shots from the movie. It contains
    two disks. Disk 1 is the same as the regular
    release, only the ring says limited edition.
    It is the same two sided disk, as the regular
    one. The second disk contains some more
    bonus features, but are very repetative. It is
    definitely not worth the money. The regular
    one disk is $14.87 at Wal-Mart and $18.99
    at Costco. Costco has the limited edition for
    $32.99. I have seen both and the limited edition
    is a rip-off. I took it back and said it was defective.
    I don't usually do crap like that, but I felt really
    screwed. Limited edition.....B.S. Stick with
    the regular one. I felt very cheated.
    Bob Bohling, Feb 9, 2005
  13. Rich Clark wrote:
    > What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    It came in a Amary slim double case, the UPC on my copy
    is 025192594427. The case also has the side notches as
    well that you have to unlock to open. The dsics themselves
    have artwork obviously - both discs has the piano from the
    front cover on it along with the Ray logo. I am assuming that
    the 1 disc flipper has no insert other than the advertisement since
    mine only came with that.

    Personally I looked at both the "limited" edition and the basic
    and decided that outside of the few extra "musical performances"
    that it wasn't worth the extra money. If it had been a few dollars
    more then I would of bought it, but for $35 I found it to be a
    complete ripoff (unlike the limited edition for "Seabiscuit" and
    "Master And Commander" which was worth the extra money).

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 9, 2005
  14. Rich Clark wrote:
    > What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    Oh, and it was bought at Circuit City. You can tell its the
    2 disc if you shake the case you can hear the flap holder
    for disc 1 rattle around.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 9, 2005
  15. Bob Bohling

    Rich Clark Guest

    > Rich Clark wrote:
    >> What kind of case did it come in? Where did you buy it?

    > It came in a Amary slim double case, the UPC on my copy
    > is 025192594427. The case also has the side notches as
    > well that you have to unlock to open. The dsics themselves
    > have artwork obviously - both discs has the piano from the
    > front cover on it along with the Ray logo. I am assuming that
    > the 1 disc flipper has no insert other than the advertisement since
    > mine only came with that.

    That's fascinating. Same UPC, and apparently no indication on the outside of
    the case that it's a 2-disc version. I wonder how and why this happened?

    Oh, and yes there was just an ad in my copy of the 1-disc, which had a
    slipcase and came from Tower Records.

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Feb 9, 2005
  16. Rich Clark wrote:
    > That's fascinating. Same UPC, and apparently no indication on the
    > outside of the case that it's a 2-disc version. I wonder how and why
    > this happened?

    This could be like the case of "Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition" were
    some copies were DVD-18 (dual layer dual sided) while others
    were two DVD-9 (dual layer single sided) versions. If I remember
    right Artisan couldn't get enough DVD-18 versions made so the
    DVD-9 dual disc editions were made to comphensate for the short
    supply of the DVD-18 versions. However Artisan did the right thing
    by having a sticker on the front cover saying if it was a 1 disc or
    2 disc edition.

    I obviously went for the 2 disc, since I hate flipper discs.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 11, 2005