    Would appreciate someone with more experience of the product thoughts on the
    matter.
    Thanks

    Graham Archer, Feb 27, 2006

  2. "Graham Archer" <brother@.f2s.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is the upgrade from the free version to the
    > Rawshooter Premium worth the £68 ?
    > I have trialed the Premium for a few days and can't make up my mind.
    > Would appreciate someone with more experience of the product thoughts on
    > the matter.

    I find the curves tool and the Vibrancy slider really useful. Of course, I
    didn't have a choice; the free version doesn't support my camera.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Graham Archer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:57:53 +0900, in rec.photo.digital "David J.
    Littleboy" <> wrote:

    >I find the curves tool and the Vibrancy slider really useful. Of course, I
    >didn't have a choice; the free version doesn't support my camera.

    David, what camera? They just released 2006 with additional support. I
    posted a list yesterday.I also believe you could use the convert to
    DNG first path.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Graham Archer

    John Bean Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:12:24 -0500, Ed Ruf
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:57:53 +0900, in rec.photo.digital "David J.
    >Littleboy" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I find the curves tool and the Vibrancy slider really useful. Of course, I
    >>didn't have a choice; the free version doesn't support my camera.

    >David, what camera? They just released 2006 with additional support. I
    >posted a list yesterday.I also believe you could use the convert to
    >DNG first path.

    DNG doesn't help. Pixmantec support DNG only for the cameras
    they also support natively. But it looks to me like both RSE
    and RSP now support the same set of cameras.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 27, 2006
  5. "Ed Ruf" <> wrote:
    > "David J. Littleboy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I find the curves tool and the Vibrancy slider really useful. Of course, I
    >>didn't have a choice; the free version doesn't support my camera.

    > David, what camera?

    5D.

    >They just released 2006 with additional support. I
    > posted a list yesterday.I also believe you could use the convert to
    > DNG first path.

    Well, having already paid for RSP, there's not much point going out of my
    way to use RSE<g>.

    (But I was so happy with RSE for the 300D, that I really wanted an excuse to
    send them some money.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Graham Archer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:39:42 +0000, in rec.photo.digital John Bean
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:12:24 -0500, Ed Ruf
    ><> wrote:
    >>David, what camera? They just released 2006 with additional support. I
    >>posted a list yesterday.I also believe you could use the convert to
    >>DNG first path.

    >DNG doesn't help. Pixmantec support DNG only for the cameras
    >they also support natively. But it looks to me like both RSE
    >and RSP now support the same set of cameras.

    Yes you are correct there. DNG only works for the supported cameras,
    not useful to get around raw converter limitations as it is with ACR.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Feb 27, 2006
  7. Graham Archer

    bmoag Guest

    The more I use the Premium version the more I like it. I tend to adjust
    images watching what is happening to the histogram as much as to what the
    image appears like on screen no matter what the sliders are labelled--RSP
    allows alot of control. The vibrancy adjustment can be very useful but has
    to be used carefully as it can add coloration. However the preview image in
    RSP is significantly darker than the image appears, or prints, when opened
    for final finishing in CS2.

    bmoag, Feb 27, 2006
  8. Graham Archer

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:37:37 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "bmoag"
    <> wrote:

    >The more I use the Premium version the more I like it. I tend to adjust
    >images watching what is happening to the histogram as much as to what the
    >image appears like on screen no matter what the sliders are labelled--RSP
    >allows alot of control. The vibrancy adjustment can be very useful but has
    >to be used carefully as it can add coloration. However the preview image in
    >RSP is significantly darker than the image appears, or prints, when opened
    >for final finishing in CS2.

    Is it using the same monitor profile as CS2?

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Feb 27, 2006
  9. Graham Archer wrote:

    > Is the upgrade from the free version to the
    > Rawshooter Premium worth the £68 ?
    > I have trialed the Premium for a few days and can't make up my mind.

    Last time I checked I found quite a few features I would like,
    but .. no undo/redo for things like cropping, rotation etc.
    Or I was not able to find them (the GUI generally needs a bit
    time to get used to ;))

    For me this was the showstopper.

    --
    Stano

    Stanislav Meduna, Feb 27, 2006
  10. "Stanislav Meduna" <> wrote:
    > Graham Archer wrote:
    >
    >> Is the upgrade from the free version to the
    >> Rawshooter Premium worth the £68 ?
    >> I have trialed the Premium for a few days and can't make up my mind.

    > Last time I checked I found quite a few features I would like,
    > but .. no undo/redo for things like cropping, rotation etc.
    > Or I was not able to find them (the GUI generally needs a bit
    > time to get used to ;))
    >
    > For me this was the showstopper.

    I don't think there's any "undo/redo" concept in RSP. Everything is a
    setting that's applied when you actually do the conversion. So once you set
    a rotation/crop, you just change it if you don't like it. RSE/RSP never
    change the original raw files, they keep a database of the settings applied
    to each image, and apply the current settings when you do a conversion.

    But the GUI does require getting used to.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Feb 28, 2006
  11. Graham Archer

    frederick Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "Stanislav Meduna" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Graham Archer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Is the upgrade from the free version to the
    >>>Rawshooter Premium worth the £68 ?
    >>>I have trialed the Premium for a few days and can't make up my mind.

    >>Last time I checked I found quite a few features I would like,
    >>but .. no undo/redo for things like cropping, rotation etc.
    >>Or I was not able to find them (the GUI generally needs a bit
    >>time to get used to ;))
    >>
    >>For me this was the showstopper.

    > I don't think there's any "undo/redo" concept in RSP. Everything is a
    > setting that's applied when you actually do the conversion. So once you set
    > a rotation/crop, you just change it if you don't like it. RSE/RSP never
    > change the original raw files, they keep a database of the settings applied
    > to each image, and apply the current settings when you do a conversion.
    >
    > But the GUI does require getting used to.
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    Look at the "Make Snapshot" button for (much better) alternative than a
    simple undo/redo! It's in RSE, so assume that it must also be with "pro".
    Save snapshot of unaltered image. Save snapshots of many incemental
    changes. Flick between them at will.

    frederick, Feb 28, 2006