    (Olympus C-7070) and RAW to TIFF conversion by PSE4?

    Thanks
    Mike

    MikeM, Feb 9, 2006

  2. I donĀ“t know PSE4... but RAW is much better them TIFF.
    I am sure that important question is if you have RAW file.

    photo-factory_cz, Feb 9, 2006

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 10, 2006
  4. MikeM

    rafe b Guest

    "MikeM" <> wrote in message

    > Is there any diffrence between TIFF files produced in-camera
    > (Olympus C-7070) and RAW to TIFF conversion by PSE4?

    In the TIF file, you have already performed the basic
    de-mosaicing of the Bayer sensor data, as well as some
    other tonal manipulation, eg. sharpening or white-point
    compensation, or conversion to a chosen color space.

    In the RAW file, you defer all this until later.

    So the RAW file has essentially "unlimited" potential
    for conversion to TIF.

    The only danger with RAW is that, some day in the
    future, you may lose the application the converts the
    RAW to TIF or JPG or what-have-you.

    JPG and TIF are universal file formats, whereas
    RAW is (so far) very specific to a model or brand
    of cameras.

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe b, Feb 10, 2006