    I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
    raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
    the Canon version.
    piper7105, Feb 14, 2007

  2. piper7105

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:40:56 +0000, piper7105 wrote:

    > I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
    > raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
    > the Canon version.

    ufraw is pretty cool, and free.
    ray, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Feb 14, 2007
  4. piper7105

    Dave Guest

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:40:56 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "piper7105"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
    >> raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
    >> the Canon version.

    > Grab a free copy of RSE while it is still available and give it a try.
    > http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials.asp

    If the OP is refering to having the new rebel XTi,RSE won't work unless
    you hack the Rawshooter.exe file and convert the .cr2 files to .dng with
    the Adobe converter.

    Dave

    --
    "...voters are not apathetic; rather, they are too deeply concerned
    with the nation's serious problems to be interested in the
    Dave, Feb 14, 2007