    TIA,
    Bruce

    , Aug 15, 2007

  2. PassingThru Guest

    On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:48:54 -0000, wrote:

    >Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
    >30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I
    >am at a loss for the 30D.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Bruce

    Try RAW Therapee from www.rawtherapee.com , also freeware. Much better in image
    manipulation capabilities than even LightRoom v1.1

    I personally use PhotoLine 32 www.pl32.com for all my RAW processing needs. Once
    a RAW file is imported then you have full use of all its advanced editing tools.
    It also supports every RAW file format out there, even unknown formats.

    PassingThru, Aug 15, 2007

  3. On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:48:54 +0100, bstrawse wrote:

    > Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
    > 30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I am
    > at a loss for the 30D.

    ufraw from http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/
    It is free and has reasonably good controls.
    I guess you don't like Canon's own free softwares, such as DPP. Otherwise
    they are also quite good.

    --
    gautam

    Gautam Majumdar, Aug 15, 2007
  4. ray Guest

    On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:48:54 +0000, bstrawse wrote:

    > Does any one use a software like RSE that is free and can handle Canon
    > 30D. RSE does not. I like the way RSE handled raw on my XT, but now I
    > am at a loss for the 30D.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Bruce

    I use ufraw.