    use for me to plug in for routine pictures.

    Thanks in Anticipation.

    , Mar 18, 2005

  2. TAFKAB Guest

    Not sure what parameters you're referring to. I shoot a 20D in raw
    sometimes, and the only think I change is to move the picture quality
    setting from JPEG to RAW. Other than that, most everything else stays at the
    defaults unless I need a manual override for some reason (studio strobes,
    for example).

    TAFKAB, Mar 18, 2005

  3. I figured he was writing about some Canon RAW software. Since I don't have a
    Canon and use Adobe Raw in Photoshop I could not relate to any settings
    problem. What I see is what I get although I have found that there are lots
    of possibilities.

    Perhaps the OP needs to ask something more specific of us.

    Gene Palmiter, Mar 18, 2005
  4. Sheldon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    > I am very happy to use RAW format for my 20D. But being a beginner it
    > takes a lot
    > of time to set up parameters.
    > Could somebody be kind enough to share these parameters numbers you
    > use for me to plug in for routine pictures.
    >
    > Thanks in Anticipation.

    Are you complaining about your photos being a bit on the dark side?

    Sheldon, Mar 19, 2005
  5. Guest

    In message <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >I am very happy to use RAW format for my 20D. But being a beginner it
    >takes a lot
    >of time to set up parameters.
    >Could somebody be kind enough to share these parameters numbers you
    >use for me to plug in for routine pictures.
    >
    >Thanks in Anticipation.

    Are you talking about in-camera parameters or converter software
    parameters?

    The only Camera settings that affect RAW image data are ISO, shutter
    speed, and aperture. Anything else simply adds information to the RAW
    file about how to process the image if you don't over-ride the settings
    in the converter, and affects the way the review image and histogram
    look in the camera.

    How you convert the RAW data is a matter of personal taste, and there is
    no one way that is "correct".
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Mar 19, 2005