    bruce james Guest

    Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
    newbee anyone know how to please?
    bruce james, Mar 20, 2005

  2. bruce james

    Pete D Guest

    "bruce james" <> wrote in message
    news:d1jnke$78v$...
    > Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
    > newbee anyone know how to please?

    Usually selecting RAW mode overrides all others. RAW is RAW.
    Pete D, Mar 20, 2005

  3. bruce james

    My View Guest

    RAW only applies to Creative modes (ie P, Tv, Av, M and A-DEP).
    RAW images cannot be made in the Basic auto modes.
    If you select RAW then in the auto modes the image type will change to JPEG
    Large (ie minimal in-camera compression/manipulation).
    Refer 300D manual page 122 - Quality v Mode Dial info at top. Also refer
    300D manual page 47 (second paragraph).

    PeterH

    My View, Mar 20, 2005
  4. bruce james

    bruce james Guest

    Thanks apreciate.

    bruce james, Mar 20, 2005
  5. bruce james

    My View Guest

    No problems - I've had the 300D for 15 months now and love it.
    If you don't already know, the best forum for posting/reviewing 300D related
    questions is at "dpreview".
    Just click here http://tinyurl.com/37pcz
    regards
    PeterH
    (some of my shots are here http://www.pbase.com/pshardie )

    My View, Mar 20, 2005
  6. bruce james

    Shawn Hearn Guest

    In article <d1jnke$78v$>,
    "bruce james" <> wrote:

    > Just got my 300d cant seem to select raw capture on all modes, Admit I am
    > newbee anyone know how to please?

    Read the manual. Raw mode is not available in every mode.
    Shawn Hearn, Mar 21, 2005