    I know Adobe will do the trick,but at what price?

    Thanks for any help.

    Peter.

    Peter Barns, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Peter Barns wrote:
    > I intend to buy a Canon G6 can anybody help with a program to open
    > the raw files. I use Paint Shop Pro 8, this will open them,but it
    > appears, only as thumbprints.
    >
    > I have been told there is a freeware download, but I have been unable
    > to find it.
    > []

    Try:
    http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials.asp

    Keep your fingers off the lens to avoid thumbprints! <G>

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Peter Barns

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Peter Barns wrote:

    > I intend to buy a Canon G6 can anybody help with a program to open the raw
    > files. I use Paint Shop Pro 8, this will open them,but it appears, only as
    > thumbprints.
    >
    > I have been told there is a freeware download, but I have been unable to
    > find it.

    Canon's File Viewer Utility will open RAW files.. You can save them
    as TIFF or JPEG and then edit them with PSP..

    You should have the utility on the disk(s) that came with
    your camera....

    Jim Townsend, Jan 25, 2006
  4. Peter Barns

    Kurt Knoll Guest

    Look for a program by Breeze Browser on the internet it works great for me.
    The program will extract the RAW image and convert it to differed formats
    and after this you can use it other editors.

    Kurt Knoll.

    Kurt Knoll, Jan 25, 2006
  5. Peter Barns

    Archer7 Guest

    Hi Peter,
    Go to "kamando.com" and look for her free software sections. She has
    them all list with links to thier web sights.
    Good luck.
    Tony

    Archer7, Jan 25, 2006
  6. Peter Barns

    Miles Guest

    Peter Barns wrote:

    > I intend to buy a Canon G6 can anybody help with a program to open the raw
    > files. I use Paint Shop Pro 8, this will open them,but it appears, only as
    > thumbprints.
    >
    > I have been told there is a freeware download, but I have been unable to
    > find it.
    >
    > I know Adobe will do the trick,but at what price?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Peter.

    Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 does the job for Canon S70, don't know about
    the G6, but you could test the program or call Adobe.

    Miles

    Miles, Feb 10, 2006