    on internet, where I can enter URL, and the script would return rating
    number for specified URL.

    Thanks in advanced.
    Glodalec, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Glodalec

    Nigel Horne Guest

    Glodalec wrote:

    > There are several ways to check internet pages for specific rating thru
    > various servers. What I would like to know is, if there is any page
    > on internet, where I can enter URL, and the script would return rating
    > number for specified URL.

    There are billions of valid URLs, and the content of a good proportion of
    them changes daily. How would you propopose such a system kept up to date
    and cover any specified URL?

    Nigel Horne, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Glodalec

    Glodalec Guest

    In article <bjn43p$idc$1$>,
    says...
    > Glodalec wrote:
    >
    > > There are several ways to check internet pages for specific rating thru
    > > various servers. What I would like to know is, if there is any page
    > > on internet, where I can enter URL, and the script would return rating
    > > number for specified URL.

    > There are billions of valid URLs, and the content of a good proportion of
    > them changes daily. How would you propopose such a system kept up to date
    > and cover any specified URL?
    >
    > > Thanks in advanced.

    All those information are kept in specific servers (like routing
    information probably). I assume there is a protocol, which contacts
    those servers asking them for a data, so a CGI script on some web server
    could do the same.
    Glodalec, Sep 11, 2003