    LMO
    "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
    To see oursels as others see us."
    LMO, Sep 15, 2005

  2. LMO

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <dgc20r$3qg$04$-online.com>,
    LMO <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >Hello. I downloaded a video file that has a suffix of .ratDVD. I changed it
    >to .avi, but only got audio. What am I supposed to do with this file to
    >enable a/v?

    It's a proprietary compressed format that requires the RatDVD player to
    view ... something constantly advertised on the freeware newsgroup; a
    media viewing concept whose value still eludes me.
    Mike S., Sep 15, 2005

  3. LMO

    Confused Guest

    In article <dgc6jj$cms$>,
    (Mike S.) wrote:

    > In article <dgc20r$3qg$04$-online.com>,
    > LMO <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >Hello. I downloaded a video file that has a suffix of .ratDVD. I changed it
    > >to .avi, but only got audio. What am I supposed to do with this file to
    > >enable a/v?

    > It's a proprietary compressed format that requires the RatDVD player to
    > view ... something constantly advertised on the freeware newsgroup; a
    > media viewing concept whose value still eludes me.

    I converted a ratDVD file to DVD and it took almost 12 hours on my 1 Ghz
    PC. Argh, never doing that again. I've heard people online say it's
    great for archiving their DL DVDs (???). Yeah, let's compress 8 GB into
    700 MB and pretend we're preserving the quality.
    Confused, Sep 15, 2005