    folder in my system32 folder and then reinstalled RAS. Still the RAS
    service will not start. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other than
    rebuilding or upgrading to 2k Server.
    GregB369, Oct 24, 2003

  2. GregB369

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "GregB369" <> wrote in
    news::

    > If I try to start the RAS service on this NT 4 server (svc pk 6a), it
    > errors out with a 1099 error. The event log says that RAS is not set
    > to receive calls, but it is. I have tried every fix on MS knowledge
    > base and on the Internet (ie. checking the bios to see if the serial
    > ports are disabled, etc). I need to use it for VPN, not for the modem
    > feature anyway. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling RAS
    > and PPTP as well as reinstalling service pack 6a a couple of times. I
    > have also deleted the RAS folder in my system32 folder and then
    > reinstalled RAS. Still the RAS service will not start. Does anyone
    > have any suggestions? Other than rebuilding or upgrading to 2k
    > Server.

    If you have gone through all of that and it still doesn't work, then what
    choice do you have but to rebuild the machine?

    You should keep the frustration level at a minimal. :)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 24, 2003

  3. GregB369

    Wizard Guest

    You might have better luck with your question at one of the
    "microsoft.public ........." groups. If you can't find the answer there
    i'd be amazed.
    I assume you have verified that your hardware and drivers for them are
    ok.

    Wizard, Oct 24, 2003