    What do these settings have to do with the problem?

    Thanks,
    Dave
    David K, Apr 27, 2004

  2. I is because CHAP cant read the password unless it is saved in "plain text"
    One thing you need to remenber is that you have to change the password before it takes affect.
    =?Utf-8?B?TXV3bGVy?=, Apr 27, 2004

  3. David K

    David K Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:46:05 -0700, Muwler
    <> wrote:

    >I is because CHAP cant read the password unless it is saved in "plain text".

    So "store passwords using reversible encryption" means it's saved in
    plain text? I think they could have made that clearer.

    >One thing you need to remenber is that you have to change the password before it takes affect.

    Now that makes sense, thanks.

    Dave
    David K, Apr 27, 2004
  4. David K

    eddiec Guest

    using reversible encryption AD stores the password in a format that it can
    decrypt it to plain text. CHAP requires access to a plain text password.
    Users must change their password becasue the old password has not been
    stored in a decrypatble format.

    eddiec

    eddiec, Apr 28, 2004