    passed but I'm baffled as to why a drive would write faster than it
    reads. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Pete, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Did you try swapping the cables? Or maybe putting it on it's own cable?
    No CD Rom, etc. You may even try a new cable all together if it's not
    new. Just a few simple things to try before you get to into it.

    Mike -- YourTechs, Inc., Jul 28, 2005

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Thanks mike,

    So far I've tried the following...

    1. New Cable
    2. New Driver update
    3. New installation of Windows XP and chipset drivers

    The mainboard is a gigabte 7n400 Rev 2 with 512 MB DDR

    Pete, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Pete

    WormWood Guest

    "Mike -- YourTechs, Inc." <> wrote in message
    > Did you try swapping the cables? Or maybe putting it on it's own
    > cable?
    > No CD Rom, etc. You may even try a new cable all together if it's not
    > new. Just a few simple things to try before you get to into it.

    Learn how to quote the message you are replying to. Read a few other
    reply messages to get a clue.

    WormWood, Jul 28, 2005