Raptor Kill

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike, May 3, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike, May 3, 2007

  2. Mike

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Mike exclaimed (04-May-07 1:22 AM):
    > Guys I just posted a series of shots taken when a Cooper's Hawk caught and
    > Killed a European Starling in my garden last evening.
    > http://community.webshots.com/album/558910278Kjabwu
    >
    > Any and all comments welcome
    >
    > Mike

    Interesting, isn't it, how these wild birds will protect their kill,
    allowing a human much closer than normal?

    I have very similar pictures from when a sparrowhawk killed a pigeon in
    my back garden in the UK.

    Although in your pics, it appears the starling isn't quite dead yet.

    jmc

    jmc, May 3, 2007

  3. Mike

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Guys I just posted a series of shots taken when a Cooper's Hawk caught and
    > Killed a European Starling in my garden last evening.
    > http://community.webshots.com/album/558910278Kjabwu
    >
    > Any and all comments welcome

    Great sequence of shots. I witnessed a similar event, in which a Coopers or
    Sharp Shin carried away a bright yellow finch. It happened so fast I barely
    saw it, let alone photographed it. Congratulations on being ready with your
    camera!
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/