    comes to saving a file, it's very awkward most of the time.

    Comments please :)

    TIA

    Loony, Aug 12, 2012

  2. Loony

    Paul Guest

    Loony wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > Does anyone know if WindowsExplorer in Win 7 has diarrhoea? I am fed up
    > with its squirting.
    >
    > I tried it with Explorer 2 and I liked it in some respects but, when it
    > comes to saving a file, it's very awkward most of the time.
    >
    > Comments please :)
    >
    > TIA

    For those playing along at home, this is the replacement.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xplorer2

    http://i.d.com.com/i/dl/media/dlimage/21/37/9/21379_large.jpeg

    *******

    Does it do away with permission dialogs or something ?

    I can't see how you can "escape" by installing stuff like that.

    You need to turn all the protection features off, if you want
    the OS to not complain.

    And later, you'll then be asking questions about how to remove malware :)

    I don't see a big win here.

    If you change Windows 7 so it behaves like Windows 98, it'll be
    about as robust as Windows 98.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 12, 2012

  3. Loony

    Loony Guest

    On 12/08/2012 17:48, Paul wrote:
    > Loony wrote:
    >> Hello Experts,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if WindowsExplorer in Win 7 has diarrhoea? I am fed
    >> up with its squirting.
    >>
    >> I tried it with Explorer 2 and I liked it in some respects but, when
    >> it comes to saving a file, it's very awkward most of the time.
    >>
    >> Comments please :)
    >>
    >> TIA

    Thanks again Paul :)

    > For those playing along at home, this is the replacement.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xplorer2

    I have been using this Explorer2 but it seems to have some quirks.
    For example, I was able to make a folder in it and then paste the
    info into that folder. I have recently noticed several times that this
    feature was missing.

    > http://i.d.com.com/i/dl/media/dlimage/21/37/9/21379_large.jpeg

    This one has my head spinning :)
    > *******
    >
    > Does it do away with permission dialogs or something ?

    Once upon a time :) I has a little prog that allowed me to control
    the squirkiness of the mouse. It seems not to be available in recent
    times, even with Win 7. I find that squirky Windows Explorer very annoying.

    > I can't see how you can "escape" by installing stuff like that.

    How about controlling the squirkiness?

    > You need to turn all the protection features off, if you want
    > the OS to not complain.
    >
    > And later, you'll then be asking questions about how to remove malware :)

    Xplorer2 is the only prog I am using for its tasks.

    > I don't see a big win here.

    Nailing down squirky Windows Explorer would help me a lot.

    > If you change Windows 7 so it behaves like Windows 98, it'll be
    > about as robust as Windows 98.

    How about Win2K? I even have several CDs with various levels of Win2K :)

    > Paul

    Thanks again.

    Loony, Aug 13, 2012