    spanning tree convergence..not all of the ports?

    Any help would be great..
    , Jul 12, 2005

  2. W artykule <> napisa³(a):

    > Can anyone tell me why my cisco 3750 switch running rapid-pvst does a
    > fast convergence, when I plug in a server? The covergence affects all
    > devices on the switch to lose connection.
    >
    > I thought that only the port that gets a connection should go to the
    > spanning tree convergence..not all of the ports?

    Put spanning-tree portfast on all interfaces you want to exclude from
    spanning-tree topology.

    TP
    Tomasz Paszkowski, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    Ok but do I also have to configure BPDU guard and Filter?
    , Jul 12, 2005
  4. Scooby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me why my cisco 3750 switch running rapid-pvst does a
    > fast convergence, when I plug in a server? The covergence affects all
    > devices on the switch to lose connection.
    >
    > I thought that only the port that gets a connection should go to the
    > spanning tree convergence..not all of the ports?
    >
    > Any help would be great..

    I experienced this once with a 3750 (as well as the replacement that Cisco
    sent). Turned out to be a software problem. Software image was
    c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin Cisco never acknowledged an issue with the
    release even though I reported it to them.

    I'll be interested to hear what release you are using and if upgrading fixes
    it.

    Jim
    Scooby, Jul 12, 2005
  5. W artykule <> napisa³(a):

    > Ok but do I also have to configure BPDU guard and Filter?

    bpdufilter statment filters out all bpdu messages on interface. It should
    be only enabled on ports connected to single machine.

    TP
    Tomasz Paszkowski, Jul 13, 2005
  6. Guest

    Thanks indeed we have -> c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin

    I think that's the problem.
    , Jul 13, 2005
  7. mamath

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    rapid pvst versus pvst, bpduguard

    Hello

    I have made some tests with rapid pvst and pvst and I can't see that rapid pvst converge faster than pvst. Does anybody know why ?

    An other thing, I have tested portfast bpduguard and it is wonderful for loops with a cross over cable but not useful for a loop because of an IP phone. how can I change this

    thank you
    :rockon:
    mamath, Jul 25, 2006