    Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    <End Rant>
    Mark, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Mark wrote:
    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    > I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    > documentary that I miss.
    > Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    > thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    > Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    > please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    > <End Rant>

    I am an orcon user, but they are not my ISP at the moment. They provide the
    bandwidth I use and my BTLORD torrents rock at about 17kbs

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Mark

    Krazy Bob Guest

    Re: Orcon and P2P

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    > I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    > documentary that I miss.
    > Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    > thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    > Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    > please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    > <End Rant>

    guess it sucks for you then i get 70kb then downloading the odd tv show ;-)

    Krazy Bob, Aug 7, 2005
  4. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:49:59 +1200, Mark wrote:

    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    > I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    > documentary that I miss.
    > Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    > thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    > Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    > please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    > <End Rant>

    They now advertise as "deprioritising p2p traffic"

    My torrents also crawl.. try other ports first though
    wogers nemesis, Aug 7, 2005
  5. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:49:59 +1200, "Mark" <>
    wrote:

    ><Begin Rant>
    >I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    >Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??

    Yup...

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 7, 2005
  6. Mark

    Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    > I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    > documentary that I miss.
    > Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    > thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    > Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    > please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    > <End Rant>

    Why don't you urge your ISP to get a real bandwidth management product
    like the one made by www.etinc.com? Then you won't have some arbitrary
    global setting for p2p that lets you do what you want to do with the
    bandwidth you are supposed to get?
    , Aug 7, 2005
  7. Mark

    PAM. Guest

    Re: Orcon and P2P

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    > I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    > documentary that I miss.
    > Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    > thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    > Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    > please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    > <End Rant>

    Remember that the speed is dictated by the slowest part of the connection.
    You may be grabbing data from 56K people who are on the end of phone lines,
    20Kms from the exchange
    :)
    Mine goes up and down.

    PAM.
    PAM., Aug 7, 2005
  8. Mark

    DoggNZ Guest

    wrote:

    ><Begin Rant>
    >I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    >Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >
    >I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    >documentary that I miss.
    >Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    >thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >
    >Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    >please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    ><End Rant>

    I'm on Orcon UBS and Azureus is rocking. I did change the port
    however.
    --
    SETI Stats
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats.php/userID:1999/prj:1/trans:off
    DoggNZ, Aug 8, 2005
  9. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi, to what port? I have tried "random port" under shareaza but still get
    the bit-dribble... ;)

    /

    Mark, Aug 8, 2005
  10. Mark

    DoggNZ Guest

    DoggNZ, Aug 8, 2005
  11. Mark

    Mark Guest

    lol.... can I guess?? 6755? ;)

    Mark, Aug 8, 2005
  12. Mark

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:49:59 +1200, Mark wrote:

    > <Begin Rant>
    > I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    > Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??

    Just a couple of thoughts.

    Have you got the BitToirrent ports open? 6881-6889 and port forwarding
    enabled for your firewall?
    Gordon, Aug 8, 2005
  13. On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:47:31 +1200, Gordon wrote:

    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:49:59 +1200, Mark wrote:
    >
    >> <Begin Rant>
    >> I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    >> Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >>

    > Just a couple of thoughts.
    >
    > Have you got the BitToirrent ports open? 6881-6889 and port forwarding
    > enabled for your firewall?

    It won't be that. The last thing to do is to use those port ranges as they
    are severely shaped.
    wogers nemesis, Aug 8, 2005
  14. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks for your help but I *do* think that it is Orcon. It was working fine
    and then about a month ago just stopped working. :( I think that they are
    shaping the P2P traffic...

    Mark, Aug 8, 2005
  15. Mark

    Mutlley Guest

    Re: Orcon and P2P

    "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:

    >"Mark" <> wrote in message
    >> <Begin Rant>
    >> I am sick and tired of watching my torrents crawl. Does anyone here use
    >> Orcon with Bittorrent and get 1 Kb or less per second??
    >>
    >> I don't download Warez / other crap but I do download the odd TV episode /
    >> documentary that I miss.
    >> Given that it now takes about a week to download a single episode I am
    >> thinking of jumping ship to Actrix or some other ISP.
    >>
    >> Orcon, you suck, give what you advertised (unlimited 256K) or please,
    >> please, please have a daily limit and THEN throttle.
    >> <End Rant>
    >>

    >guess it sucks for you then i get 70kb then downloading the odd tv show ;-)

    I bet you are uploading at 256kb. Which makes the whole throttling
    thing a joke as you end up uploading 3 times more than you download..
    Mutlley, Aug 8, 2005
  16. On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:43:07 +1200, "Mark" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, to what port? I have tried "random port" under shareaza but still get
    >the bit-dribble... ;)

    I guess you are running the program at peak time and then saying its
    slow. I guess if you leave it runing overnight (as your UBS is on 24
    hours a day) it will speed up alot during the night

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore, Aug 9, 2005