<rant> dman anti spam spam

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by T.N.O., Dec 10, 2003.

  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"

    </rant>
    T.N.O., Dec 10, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. T.N.O.

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    news:br5o8s$27ua9e$-berlin.de...
    > God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"
    >
    > </rant>
    >


    Bit like advertising petrol at the petrol pump aint it LOL
    Rider, Dec 10, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. T.N.O.

    XPD Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    news:br5o8s$27ua9e$-berlin.de...
    > God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"
    >
    > </rant>
    >


    Gotta love the "anti popup" programs that get advertised by.... u got it.
    Pop ups.
    XPD, Dec 10, 2003
    #3
  4. T.N.O.

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <br5p7j$t5n$>,
    "Rider" <> wrote:

    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > news:br5o8s$27ua9e$-berlin.de...
    > > God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"
    > >
    > > </rant>
    > >

    >
    > Bit like advertising petrol at the petrol pump aint it LOL


    Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)

    --
    madknoxie
    $35 .nz domain names: http://www.ivision.co.nz/
    madknoxie, Dec 10, 2003
    #4
  5. T.N.O.

    Jason M Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:32:44 +1300, madknoxie
    <> wrote:

    >In article <br5p7j$t5n$>,
    > "Rider" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    >> news:br5o8s$27ua9e$-berlin.de...
    >> > God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"
    >> >
    >> > </rant>
    >> >

    >>
    >> Bit like advertising petrol at the petrol pump aint it LOL

    >
    >Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)


    What's wrong with that? There are a number of BP service stations that
    use solar panels to supply power, e.g. the one on the motorway south
    of Auckland.
    Jason M, Dec 10, 2003
    #5
  6. On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:18:18 +0000, Jason M wrote:

    >>Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)

    >
    > What's wrong with that? There are a number of BP service stations that
    > use solar panels to supply power, e.g. the one on the motorway south
    > of Auckland.


    BP is the world's largest solar energy company.

    It makes sense if you think of the oil companies as energy companies.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Dec 10, 2003
    #6
  7. In article <>, (Jason M) wrote:
    >On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:32:44 +1300, madknoxie
    ><> wrote:
    >>In article <br5p7j$t5n$>,
    >> "Rider" <> wrote:
    >>> "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    >>> news:br5o8s$27ua9e$-berlin.de...
    >>> > God I am sick of getting spam about "spam protection"
    >>> >
    >>> > </rant>
    >>> Bit like advertising petrol at the petrol pump aint it LOL

    >>Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)

    >
    >What's wrong with that? There are a number of BP service stations that
    >use solar panels to supply power, e.g. the one on the motorway south
    >of Auckland.


    ... to supply SOME power. About 10% of what they use IIRC. Sure "It's
    a start" ... just not a very good one considering they built those
    stations with that in mind :)

    Bruce


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
    think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone´s fault.
    If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, I´m one of Us. I must be.
    I´ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
    of themselves as one of Them. We´re always one of Us. It´s Them that do
    the bad things. <=> Terry Pratchett. Jingo.
    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 11, 2003
    #7
  8. T.N.O.

    Jason M Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:26:33 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

    >In article <>, (Jason M) wrote:
    >>On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:32:44 +1300, madknoxie
    >><> wrote:
    >>>In article <br5p7j$t5n$>,


    >>>Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)

    >>
    >>What's wrong with that? There are a number of BP service stations that
    >>use solar panels to supply power, e.g. the one on the motorway south
    >>of Auckland.

    >
    >.. to supply SOME power. About 10% of what they use IIRC. Sure "It's
    >a start" ... just not a very good one considering they built those
    >stations with that in mind :)


    It could be very useful if there is a power cut, as long as they have
    enough power to run the important things, the pumps and the tills :)
    Jason M, Dec 11, 2003
    #8
  9. T.N.O.

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    (Jason M) wrote in
    news::

    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:26:33 GMT,
    > z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> (Jason M) wrote:
    >>>On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:32:44 +1300, madknoxie
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>>In article <br5p7j$t5n$>,

    >
    >>>>Or maybe solar panels/wind turbines at the petrol pump? :)
    >>>
    >>>What's wrong with that? There are a number of BP service stations
    >>>that use solar panels to supply power, e.g. the one on the motorway
    >>>south of Auckland.

    >>
    >>.. to supply SOME power. About 10% of what they use IIRC. Sure "It's
    >>a start" ... just not a very good one considering they built those
    >>stations with that in mind :)

    >
    > It could be very useful if there is a power cut, as long as they have
    > enough power to run the important things, the pumps and the tills :)
    >
    >


    It prob feeds straight into that big sign and lighting or though they
    wouldn't have been running off the solar poer when I was there
    Chris Mayhew, Dec 11, 2003
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Marc
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    614
    mistletoad
    Mar 2, 2006
  2. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    726
  3. T.N.O.

    spam increasing? <rant></rant>

    T.N.O., Nov 19, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    451
    T.N.O.
    Nov 21, 2003
  4. XPD

    /rant CRAP ADSL /rant

    XPD, Apr 25, 2007, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    580
    Enkidu
    Apr 27, 2007
  5. richard
    Replies:
    41
    Views:
    965
    zxcvbob
    Jun 18, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page