rank stupidity.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bbb, May 18, 2006.

  1. bbb

    bbb Guest

    long day, hot tired, weary.

    so... like... xp has never properly recognized the maxtor external hard
    drive.

    recently my mouse has been freezing, and i noticed the system tray was
    showing 'remove hardware' icon. i had suspected it was the maxtor drive
    which was still hooked up.

    so i went into manage computer to uninstall the maxtor hard drive once
    and for all.

    happily after picking uninstall i choose to option to not to restart my
    computer.
    sadly it was at this point that i realized i had uninstalled my INTERNAL
    hard drive.

    Can i ever restart again? How do I un-****-up this? Something about a
    hardware profile? I'm scared.

    bbb, May 18, 2006

  2. bbb

    JANA Guest

    See if you can start up on your installation CD disk. From there you should
    be able to access the operating system, and then fix the problem.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, May 18, 2006

  3. bbb

    philo Guest

    <snip>
    > so i went into manage computer to uninstall the maxtor hard drive once
    > and for all.
    >
    > happily after picking uninstall i choose to option to not to restart my
    > computer.
    > sadly it was at this point that i realized i had uninstalled my INTERNAL
    > hard drive.
    >
    > Can i ever restart again? How do I un-****-up this? Something about a
    > hardware profile? I'm scared.

    just reboot, it will get reinstalled

    philo, May 18, 2006
  4. bbb

    jils Guest

    see, bbb, just like i told you hours ago. although i like philo's answer
    better, but you'd have to be brave.

    jils, May 18, 2006
  5. bbb

    jils Guest

    what a pity. bugger orf seems like such an expressive address!
    next someone will buy invalid.com
    oh wait ... they already have!!

    jils, May 18, 2006
  6. bbb

    bbb Guest

    silly cow.

    i thought i heard the sound of far off cackling sometime after midnight...

    bbb, May 18, 2006
  7. bbb

    bbb Guest

    You're absolutely correct and thank you for pointing out the error. I
    should have considered the consequences of the actions of the spammers
    first.

    bbb, May 18, 2006