    information-- anyone have any ideas?..
    also-in general does removing one (or both) antennas close the range a bit?.

    thanks

    Denis, Apr 2, 2006

  2. Per Denis:
    >I am trying to find out the approximate range of the Linksys Access Point
    >WAP54G. Having no luck on the linksys website with finding this
    >information-- anyone have any ideas?..

    I'd guess it's quite locale-dependent - number/thickness/composition of walls
    for one thing. Maybe interference from other devices for another.

    Mine's good for about 75 feet with several balloon-structure walls in-between.

    OTOH, my neighbor's house is a good 100 yards away and my Palm Pilot can acquire
    his WAP. Ditto another neighbor's, which is at least three times that
    distance.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Apr 2, 2006