    simple stuff like e-mail, Agent, an office software program.

    Thanks in advance!

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Tom Tricep wrote:
    > I have a 60gig hard P4 with Win2K. when I click on the C drive, it
    > will give me variable readings from 9.8 gigs free to 13.5 gigs free.
    > There is no way in the world I have downloaded or deleated 3 gigs
    > worth of stuff!
    >
    > Is this normal? Does the C drive evaluate itself differently as
    > programs are opened or closed? This is too weird. My programs are all
    > simple stuff like e-mail, Agent, an office software program.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    What about your swap file? It varies in size.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:11:03 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >What about your swap file? It varies in size.

    Thanks for that thought. Can I somehow check the size of the swap
    file?

    Regards,
    Tom tricep

    Tom Tricep, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Tom Tricep

    Eric Kochi Guest

    If you are in XP try
    my computer right click properties advanced performance settings. It should
    tell you about the swap file... works in 2000 about the same too.

    Eric Kochi, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Tom Tricep

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is normal. The size change is occurring from the caching files, temp
    file being modified, and also the big one is the main swap file.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Jan 21, 2005