    A trojan was found on the laptop called Exploit-byteverify, but i don't
    think it is causing this (i could be wrong though). we have taken steps to
    remove/quarantine it.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Nov 22, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

    Malke Guest

    Jason wrote:

    > Hey all,
    > I have a desktop pc and a laptop running both on xp. I've had the
    > laptop
    > set up on a wireless network for about 6 or 7 months w/ no problem.
    > but
    > lately, weird networks seem to show up in the network properties.
    > THey aren't ones that i have set up and they take over the one that i
    > have set up.
    > THe first one was Master, so we deleted that. I rebooted, and now
    > there is
    > a new one called HiJet. Does anyone have any idea of what these are
    > or how
    > they are getting put on there? are we just picking up networks in the
    > area? Please help,
    > Thanks,
    > Jason
    >
    > By the way, my laptop has Zone alarm firewall and McAfee virus
    > The laptop has McAfee firewall and antivirus
    > A trojan was found on the laptop called Exploit-byteverify, but i
    > don't
    > think it is causing this (i could be wrong though). we have taken
    > steps to remove/quarantine it.

    You are picking up networks in the area. There is a setting in the
    wireless properties to only connect to preferred networks. Make sure
    your network is listed as the only preferred network and check the box
    and that will stop your computer from trying to use your neighbor's
    network.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell