    online about an Acer mouse. I could almost believe it doesn't exist
    except that I've seen it attached to an Acer computer!

    Anyone have any recommendations for making this mouse behave?

    jils, Oct 8, 2007

  2. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:23:03 +1000, jils <> wrote:

    >A new Acer Aspire T690 PC belonging to a friend has an Acer USB mouse. The
    >cursor randomly leaps about the screen when the mouse is in use and it's
    >pretty irritating!
    >
    >Mouse is setup with a Microsoft mouse driver; I've accessed the settings
    >and can't see anything to improve this random behaviour. I don't see any
    >information on the Acer site for accessing a specific driver for an Acer
    >mouse.
    >
    >Maybe using MS driver is normal. I find very little information anywhere
    >online about an Acer mouse. I could almost believe it doesn't exist
    >except that I've seen it attached to an Acer computer!
    >
    >Anyone have any recommendations for making this mouse behave?

    Have you tried a different mouse?

    Evan Platt, Oct 8, 2007

  3. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    jils <> wrote in

    > A new Acer Aspire T690 PC belonging to a friend has an Acer USB mouse.
    > The cursor randomly leaps about the screen when the mouse is in use
    > and it's pretty irritating!
    >
    > Mouse is setup with a Microsoft mouse driver; I've accessed the
    > settings and can't see anything to improve this random behaviour. I
    > don't see any information on the Acer site for accessing a specific
    > driver for an Acer mouse.
    >
    > Maybe using MS driver is normal. I find very little information
    > anywhere online about an Acer mouse. I could almost believe it doesn't
    > exist except that I've seen it attached to an Acer computer!
    >
    > Anyone have any recommendations for making this mouse behave?

    Try cleaning the rollers under the ball and make sure plug is in
    securely.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 8, 2007
  4. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:25:48 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Try cleaning the rollers under the ball and make sure plug is in
    >securely.

    My gosh, can you even get a old ball and roller mouse anymore?

    Evan Platt, Oct 8, 2007
  5. jils

    jils Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > Have you tried a different mouse?

    thanks evan, no, i haven't, there wasn't one available at the time. i
    will though. i just wondered if there was a known problem or if anyone
    knew of a driver for an acer mouse. i have a spare mouse i'll try next
    time i'm with that wretched computer!

    jils, Oct 8, 2007
  6. jils

    jils Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    > Try cleaning the rollers under the ball and make sure plug is in
    > securely.

    it's a laser mouse, so i've exhausted those possibilities!

    jils, Oct 8, 2007
  7. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:25:48 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Try cleaning the rollers under the ball and make sure plug is in
    >>securely.

    > My gosh, can you even get a old ball and roller mouse anymore?

    Sure you can. There's nothing *old* about them. I don't use USB for
    anything low speed, so I use a ps2 mouse.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 9, 2007
  8. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:23:38 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Sure you can. There's nothing *old* about them. I don't use USB for
    >anything low speed, so I use a ps2 mouse.

    USB and PS2 have nothing to do with optical vs ball and roller. :)

    Evan Platt, Oct 9, 2007
  9. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:23:38 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sure you can. There's nothing *old* about them. I don't use USB for
    >>anything low speed, so I use a ps2 mouse.

    > USB and PS2 have nothing to do with optical vs ball and roller. :)

    On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    one).

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 9, 2007
  10. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Oct 9, 2007
  11. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:06:48 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    >>one).

    > Need I go on? :)

    No, you *could* have stopped two messages ago. What *exactly* is your
    drift or are you just bored? --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 9, 2007
  12. jils

    Melchizedek Guest

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:01:05 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Evan Platt <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:06:48 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    >>>one).

    >> Need I go on? :)

    >No, you *could* have stopped two messages ago. What *exactly* is your
    >drift or are you just bored? --
    >(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    No, he's simply showing you you're wrong.

    Melchizedek, Oct 10, 2007
  13. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    "Melchizedek" <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:01:05 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Evan Platt <> wrote in

    >>> Need I go on? :)

    >>No, you *could* have stopped two messages ago. What *exactly* is your
    >>drift or are you just bored? --

    > No, he's simply showing you you're wrong.

    No, not that there would be any point in showing that he's a computer
    salesman at best - which is all that shows, he's just being a pain is all.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 10, 2007
  14. jils

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Evan Platt <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:23:38 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sure you can. There's nothing *old* about them. I don't use USB for
    >>>anything low speed, so I use a ps2 mouse.

    >> USB and PS2 have nothing to do with optical vs ball and roller. :)

    >On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    >one).

    Just to add, all of my optical mouses (?) have come with this adapter
    http://tinyurl.com/yrwkkd
    --

    Busted again http://tinyurl.com/34qnj6
    With a decent thread

    , Oct 11, 2007
  15. jils

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Evan Platt <> wrote in

    >>> USB and PS2 have nothing to do with optical vs ball and roller. :)

    >>On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    >>one).

    > Just to add, all of my optical mouses (?) have come with this adapter
    > http://tinyurl.com/yrwkkd

    mice. Simple english really. OK alright already, so I'm not a computer
    salesman. I know too much to do it. Give it a rest.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 11, 2007
  16. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:06:21 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >No, not that there would be any point in showing that he's a computer
    >salesman at best - which is all that shows, he's just being a pain is all.

    lol... If you say so.

    Evan Platt, Oct 12, 2007
  17. jils

    nobody > Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > Evan Platt <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:23:38 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sure you can. There's nothing *old* about them. I don't use USB for
    >>> anything low speed, so I use a ps2 mouse.

    >> USB and PS2 have nothing to do with optical vs ball and roller. :)

    > On the contrary. Try to find an optical ps2 mouse (not that I'd want
    > one).

    It's not a mouse...but a trackball should qualify...

    Logitec Trackman Marble with a combo PS2/USB connector Bought it new a
    year ago but can't remember where.

    nobody >, Oct 12, 2007
  18. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:28:57 -0700, "nobody >"
    <> wrote:

    >It's not a mouse...but a trackball should qualify...
    >
    >Logitec Trackman Marble with a combo PS2/USB connector Bought it new a
    >year ago but can't remember where.

    As I mentioned, optical ps/2 mouses are out there and not that hard to
    find.

    Evan Platt, Oct 12, 2007
  19. jils

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:54:41 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:28:57 -0700, "nobody >"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>It's not a mouse...but a trackball should qualify...
    >>
    >>Logitec Trackman Marble with a combo PS2/USB connector Bought it new a
    >>year ago but can't remember where.

    > As I mentioned, optical ps/2 mouses are out there and not that hard to
    > find.

    Buy a laser mouse. They work on any surface except for a mirror or clear
    glass, a lot more accurate. And no red light underneath.

    Meat Plow, Oct 12, 2007
  20. jils

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:11:24 -0400, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >Buy a laser mouse. They work on any surface except for a mirror or clear
    >glass, a lot more accurate. And no red light underneath.

    Even better than laser mouse is Danger Mouse.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BouKBkQAGA

    Evan Platt, Oct 12, 2007