    Any idea’s?

    Thank you

    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    Where the Internet is coming from?
    It might be that you are an a triple Routing system and it is unstable.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 15, 2007

  3. HI Jack,

    The broadband connection comes from the television cable box, through to the
    router, then from the router to the first computer via the network cable, and
    then the internet connection is transmitted wirelessly to the network card in
    my second computer.

    Signal strength is always good, yet the connection has dropped 3 times in
    this morning yet still receiving a good signal.
    ..

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Feb 16, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

    Guest

    On 16-Feb-2007, =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?= <> wrote:

    > Signal strength is always good, yet the connection has dropped 3 times in
    > this morning yet still receiving a good signal.

    Try Netstumbler (free download) you may find several conflicting
    wireless networks.
    If using WZC go over to static IP adddresses for your
    gateway and DNS server, it's simple and easy to change.
    Does your network adapter give a signal quality figure?
    Signal quality can be as important as good signal strength.
    Maybe it's a relative location issue, inbuilt wireless
    adapters often suffer from screening from the case.
    So USB adapters, which can be located for optimum
    signal, often perform better than inbuilt adapters.
    Although you say good signal strength, adapters are often
    over optimistic when reporting signal strength, and
    rarely report signal/noise ratio.
    Netstumbler has signal/noise capability.
    Try using aluminium kitchen foil reflectors at one or
    both ends of the wireless link.

    , Feb 16, 2007
  5. Hi
    The topology of your connection looks OK.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sudden
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 16, 2007