    This seems to be completely random. There are no triggers, no explanations,
    and i have turned off ALL programs running in the background. It will do it
    even when there is nothing but windows running.
    snecma, Nov 15, 2004

  2. snecma

    °Mike° Guest

    Start here:

    Then, download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
    Now maintained by InterMute

    Once you have completed that, scan your system with
    at least two different online antivirus scanners:

    Online Antivirus scanners:

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:58:04 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cnb58s$grl$>
    snecma scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance