    freezing problem.

    TIA,

    Derek

    DiddyS400, Oct 12, 2005

  2. DiddyS400

    bmoag Guest

    This is not likely a software error unless you are lucky and it is simply
    due to an incompatible video driver. Change to the vanilla VGA driver and
    see if this resolves the problem.
    Freezes as you describe are more likely due to motherboard, memory module,
    overheating problems, power supply or dying hard drive. With some work,
    especially if you can switch parts into other computers, you can identify
    the problem. Software tests of hardware, like system suite, are not always
    reliable but can point to hardware memory problems.

    bmoag, Oct 14, 2005