    Zipping along now :)

    Squirrel

    I think extreme heterosexuality is a perversion - Margaret Mead

    Squirrel, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Squirrel

    EMB Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    > town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >
    > Zipping along now :)

    Don't ask - the RAM itself is about $50 worth, so they made $59 for
    maybe 10 minutes work. :-(

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Squirrel

    JohnO Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    > town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >
    > Zipping along now :)
    >
    > Squirrel
    >

    > I think extreme heterosexuality is a perversion - Margaret Mead

    Does somebody really still sell 128Mb RAM? Good Lord, I thought 256Mb
    was just about out of production now!

    I would expect to pay less than that for 512Mb RAM modules these days.
    Mind you that does not include installation cost but it's almost
    trivially easy to do yourself.

    JohnO, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Squirrel

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:15:15 +1300, Squirrel wrote:

    > Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    > town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >
    > Zipping along now :)

    Depends. If it is DDR sdram, you should have got 256megs for $40, then
    extra for installing it (unless you have a friendly geek around - flash
    your legs, he'll do it for free:) )

    If it is the older style SDRAM, it is now almost a collectors item and so
    commands higher prices.

    Even so, $109 sounds pretty steep.

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_1324.html

    --

    .... Brendan

    #368808 +(4460)- [X]

    <@David> Yay I get laid today! Been a month.... needing it by now
    <@Sony> ...........
    <@Sony> TMI TMI TMI
    <@David> Only a few hundred pounds but its better than nothing
    <Malpine> Thanks for the info
    <@David> eh?
    <@David> damn i meant PAID
    <@David> I get PAID today
    <@David> dammit

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/11/2005 4:17:38 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Squirrel

    Andrew Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:15:15 +1300, Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    >> town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >>
    >> Zipping along now :)

    > Depends. If it is DDR sdram, you should have got 256megs for $40, then
    > extra for installing it (unless you have a friendly geek around - flash
    > your legs, he'll do it for free:) )

    -- or refuse to speak to you ever again

    Andrew, Nov 3, 2005
  6. Squirrel

    Rider Guest

    "Brendan" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:15:15 +1300, Squirrel wrote:
    >
    >> Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    >> town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >>
    >> Zipping along now :)

    > Depends. If it is DDR sdram, you should have got 256megs for $40, then
    > extra for installing it (unless you have a friendly geek around - flash
    > your legs, he'll do it for free:) )
    >
    > If it is the older style SDRAM, it is now almost a collectors item and so
    > commands higher prices.

    It's not hard to get at all.

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 3, 2005
  7. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:19:23 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Squirrel wrote:
    >> Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than the
    >> town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >>
    >> Zipping along now :)

    >Don't ask - the RAM itself is about $50 worth, so they made $59 for
    >maybe 10 minutes work. :-(

    bugger lol

    Squirrel, Nov 3, 2005
  8. Squirrel

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:40:04 +1300, Andrew wrote:

    >> Depends. If it is DDR sdram, you should have got 256megs for $40, then
    >> extra for installing it (unless you have a friendly geek around - flash
    >> your legs, he'll do it for free:) )

    > -- or refuse to speak to you ever again

    lol, hell man just the humour of it is worth the ten minutes to install it!

    (unless it's a lap top, some of those are tricky to install ram into. That
    might require both legs ;) )

    --

    .... Brendan

    #142934 +(6095)- [X]

    docsigma2000: jesus christ man
    docsigma2000: my son is sooooooo dead
    c8info: Why?
    docsigma2000: hes been looking at internet web sites in fucking EUROPE
    docsigma2000: HE IS SURFING LONG DISTANCE
    docsigma2000: our fucking phone bill is gonna be nuts
    c8info: Ooh, this is bad. Surfing long distance adds an extra $69.99 to
    your bill per hour.
    docsigma2000: ...!!!!!! **** **** ****
    docsigma2000: is there some plan we can sign up for???
    docsigma2000: cuz theres some cool stuff in europe, but i dun wanna pauy
    that much
    c8info: Sorry, no. There is no plan. you'll have to live with it.
    docsigma2000: o well, i ccan live without europe intenet sites.
    docsigma2000: but till i figure out how to block it hes sooooo dead
    c8info: By the way, I'm from Europe, your chatting long distance.
    ** docsigma2000 has quit (Connection reset by peer)

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/11/2005 4:55:35 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Nov 3, 2005
  9. Squirrel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Brendan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:15:15 +1300, Squirrel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got 128 SDRAM installed for 109 dollars, sounds cheaper than
    >>> the town businesses, how does it compare to you guys?
    >>>
    >>> Zipping along now :)

    >> Depends. If it is DDR sdram, you should have got 256megs for $40,
    >> then extra for installing it (unless you have a friendly geek around
    >> - flash your legs, he'll do it for free:) )
    >>
    >> If it is the older style SDRAM, it is now almost a collectors item
    >> and so commands higher prices.
    >>

    > It's not hard to get at all.

    Unless your mobo can't handle high-density chips, then it's tricky and/or
    expensive.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 18, 2005