    I have a 566 MHz Celeron m/b with a single 64 MB PC100 RAM stick, and
    I'm thinking about upping the RAM. Can I use PC133 sticks?

    Gib
    Gib Bogle, Dec 26, 2003

  2. "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    news:bsi46f$9m4$...
    > I have a 566 MHz Celeron m/b with a single 64 MB PC100 RAM stick, and
    > I'm thinking about upping the RAM. Can I use PC133 sticks?
    >
    > Gib

    Yes, as long as your mobo isn't based on the Intel 810 chipset which is
    fussy about RAM sometimes, and as long as you buy memory sticks that have 8
    chips per 128MB.

    So a 128MB stick needs to have 8 chips on one side, a 256MB needs to have 16
    chips, 8 on each side. Modern PC133 has 1/2 the number of chips and won't
    work on your board.

    Steve
    Stephen Williams, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Gib Bogle

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:03:13 +1300, Gib Bogle
    <> wrote:

    >I have a 566 MHz Celeron m/b with a single 64 MB PC100 RAM stick, and
    >I'm thinking about upping the RAM. Can I use PC133 sticks?

    You'd probably be better off with all PC133 if you can afford it and
    your MB can take advantage of the higher speed.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
    that I could cope with twice.
    Enkidu, Dec 26, 2003