    suggestion or remedy.

    TIA

    Baz
    BD, Apr 14, 2004

  2. BD

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "BD" <> wrote in
    news:c5i3ia$go1$:

    > Would I be correct in assuming that my relatively new ASUS A7V8X-MX
    > motherboard will soon be despatched to the dumpster, or does anyone
    > have a suggestion or remedy.

    Does your board have onboard video? Is it using 32 MB of RAM? There you
    go.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Apr 14, 2004

  3. BD

    BD Guest

    Yep it sure does - I assumed that XP would report the total RAM installed
    not just the portion that is available for non graphics use.

    If what you say is correct then thanks a million - I was considering a new
    motherboard.

    Regards

    Baz
    BD, Apr 14, 2004
  4. BD

    Michael-NC Guest

    Duh!!!

    Why don't you RTFM and learn that your motherboard has onboard video that
    uses a percentage of total system ram.

    You are either a uninformed consumer, ignorant or both.

    Learn how to use www.google.com

    "BD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Group
    >
    > The CMOS acknowledges that there is 256meg of RAM installed in my computer
    > but
    > Windows says 224meg (32meg missing). I installed a 512 module and the same
    > thing occurs ie Windows says 480meg. Using different slots on the
    > motherboard doesn't help. The 256 module reads correctly in other

    computers.

    Michael-NC, Apr 14, 2004
  5. BD

    BD Guest

    I guess I am an uninformed consumer. Just because I can read - doesn't mean
    I understand it. But I am trying to learn. One day I will probably know
    everything like you apparently do. Its not easy being 70 years old and
    trying to get up to speed.

    Baz
    BD, Apr 14, 2004
  6. BD

    Hank Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > Duh!!!
    >
    > Why don't you RTFM and learn that your motherboard has onboard video that
    > uses a percentage of total system ram.
    >
    > You are either a uninformed consumer, ignorant or both.
    >
    > Learn how to use www.google.com

    With your reply and with the fact of you not knowing the correct definitions
    of either uniformed, ignorant or both only leads one to wonder what type of
    category you fall into.

    Hank
    Hank, Apr 14, 2004
  7. BD

    derek / nul Guest

    Hang in there Baz, computer stuff takes a while to learn, 30 years and still
    learning. :)

    derek / nul, Apr 14, 2004
  8. BD

    Plato Guest

    BD wrote:

    > Yep it sure does - I assumed that XP would report the total RAM installed
    > not just the portion that is available for non graphics use.
    >
    > If what you say is correct then thanks a million - I was considering a new
    > motherboard.

    It's correct. The 32 missing was the giveaway.
    Plato, Apr 14, 2004
  9. BD

    Wizard Guest

    " Caustic"