    Can Windows XP effectively make use of physical memory over 2GB, say
    4GB? Can Windows Vista?
    Thanks.

    Anon, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Anon

    bmoag Guest

    "Anon" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all, some basic questions for you:
    > Is DDR2 perceivably better compared to regular DDR?

    It depends on your ability to perceive microseconds.
    > Does having dual channel make a significant difference?

    It depends on your ability to perceive microseconds.
    > Do brands really matter in terms of reliaiblity and real-life
    > performance?

    Is Ford better than Chevy?
    > Can Windows XP effectively make use of physical memory over 2GB, say
    > 4GB?

    Can Windows XP effectively make use of physical memory period? Watch the
    activity of your swap file regardless of the amount of available physical
    RAM.
    Can Windows Vista?
    What color is vapor?
    > Thanks.

    Your welcome.

    bmoag, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Anon

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Anon wrote in message <>...
    >Hi all, some basic questions for you:
    >Is DDR2 perceivably better compared to regular DDR?

    It is my understanding that it is much faster.

    >Does having dual channel make a significant difference?

    If you are running Windows 3.1 (like I am) then probably no. For higher
    operating systems, it will help.

    >Do brands really matter in terms of reliaiblity and real-life
    >performance?

    No, just make sure you get a warranty and the working voltages are the same
    for all modules if you mix and match.

    >Can Windows XP effectively make use of physical memory over 2GB, say
    >4GB? Can Windows Vista?

    Windows XP can do 4-GB, so I would imagine Vista would be able to do at
    least that.

    >Thanks.

    Glad to help!

    Ernie Werbel, Jul 28, 2006