    Thanks in advance,

    Ian

    , Dec 17, 2005

  2. nos1eep Guest

    On 17 Dec 2005 06:59:39 -0800, ""
    <> spewed the following drivel:

    <I have a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop system, with only 128MB RAM. I
    am
    <going to purchase an upgrade, but would like to know which is better:
    <to add 512MB into the second of the 2 slots, giving me 640MB total
    RAM,
    <or to take out the 128MB and add 2 x 256MB DIMMS. This obviously
    gives
    <me less total RAM, but I wanted to know whether this is compensated
    for
    <by making use of the dual-channel capabilities of my system, which I
    <believe I would need to have 2 identical DIMMS to take advantage of,
    or
    <should I just opt for the higher total RAM?
    <
    <Thanks in advance,
    <
    <Ian
    Don't worry about dual channel, your 2400 with it's i845gv chipset
    will not support it. Buy DDR266 and put the 512 in the first slot and
    the 128 in the other one.
    -nos1eep

    -Scaling up the heights of folly.
    -Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
    -non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate

    nos1eep, Dec 17, 2005