    i'm trying to update my model 2000, a VprMatrix with more ram
    however not sure what it will take. i would like to use rdram
    however am i restricted to ddr-ram? thanks for any help!
    Lenny Konstan, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Lenny Konstan

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lenny Konstan" <> wrote in news:eBAPb.3993$ro4.2205
    @nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

    > i'm trying to update my model 2000, a VprMatrix with more ram
    > however not sure what it will take. i would like to use rdram
    > however am i restricted to ddr-ram? thanks for any help!

    You can only use the type of RAM that the machine is designed for. If it
    currently uses DDR RAM you can't just stick RDRAM in there instead. I
    don't see any documentation on their website other than the board uses an
    Intel motherboard, so check your manuals to see what is already in there.

    Provided you do need DDR RAM, what is the big deal about using RDRAM
    instead? DDR RAM is better than RDRAM

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 21, 2004

  3. i thought that rdram was better than ddr ram but i guess i was
    wrong, this is good news then, thanks! :)
    Lenny Konstan, Jan 21, 2004