    fredcromer Guest

    I am down to 'no ram' left, anyone got a good tip, 'bout a freeware source
    to help me out please....thanks for any help.....All the best fred c........

    fredcromer, Sep 4, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Buffalo Guest

    "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote in message
    news:4139e623$...
    > I am down to 'no ram' left, anyone got a good tip, 'bout a freeware

    source
    > to help me out please....thanks for any help.....All the best fred

    c........

    Most 'ram freeing' programs (free or paid) use some ram themselves and
    are considered basically worthless.
    If you still want to try some, use Google or another search engine.
    There are a whole s**t load to choose from.
    Perhaps you are having a low resources problem. If so, check the links
    below.

    http://aumha.org/a/resource.htm
    http://www.onlinehelp.bc.ca/tips.htm#resources
    http://www.forrestandassociates.co.uk/pcforrest/resources.html
    http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Window_memory.htm

    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Sep 4, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Unknown Guest

    What on earth do you mean 'no ram left'? Are you being taken by some scam?

    Unknown, Sep 4, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Parko Guest

    On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:58:25 +0100, fredcromer wrote:

    > I am down to 'no ram' left, anyone got a good tip, 'bout a freeware source
    > to help me out please....thanks for any help.....All the best fred c........

    Buy more RAM or use an OS that properly manages the available memory. Try
    uninstalling packages you no longer need that may be started at boot. Run
    > msconfig poke around there and do some hacking. An appy that 'frees'

    memory will use more memory than its worth. Refer:
    http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?IssueID=56&ArticleID=3686

    I like this blast from the past:
    http://www.upenn.edu/computing/printout/archive/v08/3/winmem.html
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Sep 4, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    Unknown Guest

    How much do you have?

    Unknown, Sep 4, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    Ron Martell Guest

    "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote:

    >I am down to 'no ram' left, anyone got a good tip, 'bout a freeware source
    >to help me out please....thanks for any help.....All the best fred c........

    All of the so-called memory freeing programs are pure unadulterated
    crapware. They are totally incapable of providing any beneficial
    results for any computer under any circumstances.

    What type of problems are you encountering that you thing might be
    resolved by a "memory freeing" program?

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Sep 4, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote:
    >|
    >| >I am down to 'no ram' left, anyone got a good tip, 'bout a freeware
    >| >source to help me out please....thanks for any help.....All the
    >| >best fred c........
    >| >

    >| All of the so-called memory freeing programs are pure unadulterated
    >| crapware. They are totally incapable of providing any beneficial
    >| results for any computer under any circumstances.
    >|
    >| What type of problems are you encountering that you thing might be
    >| resolved by a "memory freeing" program?
    >|
    >| Good luck

    This moron has been posting for months complaining about not having enough
    memory. Enough already, Fred...go buy some f***ing memory, dipshit!

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Sep 4, 2004
  8. fredcromer

    Morph Guest

    Originally i had 64mb, i now have, nil,zilxk,jack,zero...i have to close
    progs to reclaim...but like i said, its not worth buying until i can buy
    another computer,,,ok....cheers,...any ideas ?
    FRED all the best

    Morph, Sep 6, 2004
  9. fredcromer

    Smoker Guest

    There's freeware apps that claim to free up RAM that isn't being used. I've
    read a lot about them not working, but when I tried Rambooster(?) it
    appeared to work fine.

    Smoker, Sep 6, 2004
  10. fredcromer

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote:

    >Originally i had 64mb, i now have, nil,zilxk,jack,zero...i have to close
    >progs to reclaim...but like i said, its not worth buying until i can buy
    >another computer,,,ok....cheers,...any ideas ?
    >FRED all the best

    Free memory is more accurately described as *useless* memory because
    that is what it actually is - memory for which Windows has so far been
    totally unable to find any use for.

    Windows will, by design, always attempt to find some use, anything
    whatsoever that might potentially be of some benefit, for every bit of
    the RAM installed in the computer rather than leaving that RAM sitting
    there idly going to rot.

    And just as soon as some better use comes along for any of that RAM
    then Windows will instantaneously drop the more trivial usages so at
    to free up whatever may be required.

    If you really want to have free RAM then take the chips out of the
    computer and mount them on the wall. :)

    You have so far not described any sort of problems that you are
    having, so it is not possible to give you any practical advice as to
    how to resolve them. But one thing is for certain - "memory freeing"
    programs will not resolve any problems because they are incapable of
    doing so.

    Ron Martell, Sep 6, 2004