    I am using a Old Compaq Deskpro pentium 2 350
    it is over half a minute in startup time lost

    Cheers all
    Ockerr, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Ockerr

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:11:39 +1200, "Ockerr" <>
    scribbled:

    >it is over half a minute in startup time lost

    Dear gods, 30 whole seconds of your life, go piss or
    get a cup of coffee for christ's sake.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!
    -= Hawk =-, Aug 20, 2003

  3. "Ockerr" <> wrote in message
    > When my Computer starts up it does the usual count of the amount of ram I
    > have.
    > The time it takes is a delay in startup.
    > Is it realy vital that that countdown needs to take place?
    > How do I stop it if its not nessesary.
    > I am using a Old Compaq Deskpro pentium 2 350
    > it is over half a minute in startup time lost
    >
    > Cheers all

    If 30 seconds is really all that important to you, then you should be able
    to go into the BIOS and shut it off or at least set it to do a quick RAM
    test...

    Read the POST info to figure out what to press to get into the BIOS (usually
    the Del key, I *think*)
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Ockerr

    Patrick Guest

    Sentient Fluid wrote:
    > "Ockerr" <> wrote in message
    >> When my Computer starts up it does the usual count of the amount of
    >> ram I have.
    >> The time it takes is a delay in startup.
    >> Is it realy vital that that countdown needs to take place?
    >> How do I stop it if its not nessesary.
    >> I am using a Old Compaq Deskpro pentium 2 350
    >> it is over half a minute in startup time lost
    >>
    >> Cheers all

    > If 30 seconds is really all that important to you, then you should be
    > able to go into the BIOS and shut it off or at least set it to do a
    > quick RAM test...
    >
    > Read the POST info to figure out what to press to get into the BIOS
    > (usually the Del key, I *think*)

    'F10' on my Compaq, (all Compaq I believe)

    Regards to you, 'Sentient Fluid'
    Patrick, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Buy a newer, faster PC - just think of the time you will save !

    Watcher of the Skies, Aug 20, 2003
  6. "Patrick" <> wrote in message
    > Sentient Fluid wrote:
    > > "Ockerr" <> wrote in message
    > >> When my Computer starts up it does the usual count of the amount of
    > >> ram I have.
    > >> The time it takes is a delay in startup.
    > >> Is it realy vital that that countdown needs to take place?
    > >> How do I stop it if its not nessesary.
    > >> I am using a Old Compaq Deskpro pentium 2 350
    > >> it is over half a minute in startup time lost
    > >>
    > >> Cheers all

    > > If 30 seconds is really all that important to you, then you should be
    > > able to go into the BIOS and shut it off or at least set it to do a
    > > quick RAM test...
    > >
    > > Read the POST info to figure out what to press to get into the BIOS
    > > (usually the Del key, I *think*)

    > 'F10' on my Compaq, (all Compaq I believe)
    >
    > Regards to you, 'Sentient Fluid'

    Thanks for the info, Patrick.
    Sentient Fluid, Aug 20, 2003