    would it be best to use it? Thanks for any help.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Night_Seer

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:56:49 -0700, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com>
    wrote:

    > I have a question and I crossposted to two relevant groups hope you
    >don't mind. Currently I am running my main windows C: drive on a raid 0
    >striping array with two 40 GB drives (only 2mb cache but 7200 rpm's).

    With video editing the cache has very little effect.

    > Also,
    >I have been doing some video editing lately, and would like to see the best
    >performance for my comp in doing this. Finally I just bought a new 120GB
    >7200 RPM 8mb cache ATA 100 Seagate hard drive that is soon to be installed
    >(BTW, if you have CompUSA near you...these are going for $70 U.S. after
    >taxes and mail-in rebates). I have a lot of junk in my comp, and have been
    >thinking of reformatting, and what I am wondering is where would my RAID
    >array be best used. It is onboard and is software RAID. I am thinking
    >either I will keep my array the way it is and use this new drive exclusively
    >for video editing, or else, use the RAID array for video editing and use the
    >new drive as a system drive. I might actually buy another one of these at
    >such a great price, and use those two in the array. If I do that, where
    >would it be best to use it? Thanks for any help.

    The new drive as system drive, array as edit array ( as it runs at twice the
    speed.

    Derek
    derek / nul, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Night_Seer

    doS Guest

    I would use the RAID array for video editing and use the
    new drive as a system drive.

    doS, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Night_Seer

    desperado Guest

    use the raid array for storage and the single drive for system....if you can
    get another 120 hdd then raid them at 0 since ur gonna need the storage for
    editing video.

    desperado, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Night_Seer

    Night_Seer Guest

    desperado wrote:
    > use the raid array for storage and the single drive for system....if
    > you can get another 120 hdd then raid them at 0 since ur gonna need
    > the storage for editing video.
    > "doS" <> wrote in message
    >> I would use the RAID array for video editing and use the
    >> new drive as a system drive.
    >> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >>> I have a question and I crossposted to two relevant groups hope
    >>> you don't mind. Currently I am running my main windows C: drive on
    >>> a raid 0 striping array with two 40 GB drives (only 2mb cache but
    >>> 7200 rpm's). Also, I have been doing some video editing lately, and
    >>> would like to see the best performance for my comp in doing this.
    >>> Finally I just bought a new 120GB 7200 RPM 8mb cache ATA 100
    >>> Seagate hard drive that is soon to be installed (BTW, if you have
    >>> CompUSA near you...these are going for $70 U.S. after taxes and
    >>> mail-in rebates). I have a lot of junk in my comp, and have been
    >>> thinking of reformatting, and what I am wondering is where would my
    >>> RAID array be best used. It is onboard and is software RAID. I am
    >>> thinking either I will keep my array the way it is and use this new
    >>> drive exclusively for video editing, or else, use the RAID array
    >>> for video editing and use the new drive as a system drive. I might
    >>> actually buy another one of these at such a great price, and use
    >>> those two in the array. If I do that, where would it be best to
    >>> use it? Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Night_Seer

    OK I think that's what i'll od, and maybe now I can dual boot with
    linux, as my RAID setup isn't detected by Linux, and rightly screws it up
    when I try to install it. Thanks all.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Oct 24, 2003