Raid queries

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Donald Gray, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Donald Gray

    Donald Gray Guest

    Have a computer with twin 200 Gb hard drives in 'stripe' mode (Raid 0
    I believe)

    I am regretting ordering it in that configuration as I cannot use my
    beloved GoBack anymore! However, I have a couple of queries with
    respect to Raid Technology.

    1) Is it possible and if so, safe to defrag a Raid 0 pair?

    2) Is it possible to reconfigure to Raid 1 (mirroring in the event of
    a failure in either of the pair) without having to reinstall all
    software, OS & data? (Logic tells me this is not possible but...ya
    never know...)

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk