    But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
    Thanks

    bye Adriano

    Adriano, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Adriano

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Adriano <> wrote in
    news::

    > But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?

    If you installed an SATA controller driver and you didn't have the
    controller, it would appear in your device manager as a ! or an X. If you
    somehow installed the wrong ATA controller drivers, which would be
    difficult enough to get windows to do, you would not be using your computer
    right now as it probably wouldn't even be booting correctly.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Adriano <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    > I would like to know what it means RAID on SATA and ATA.
    > I ask this because updating the driver for my motherboard
    > "Asus P4C800 Deluxe"
    > I have seen something that I don't understand.
    > In fact in the old driver I read "for ATA" and in the new driver "for
    > SATA".
    > However I have just installed it and it is everything OK
    > But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss here..thanks.

    DontOutsourceMe.

    DontOutsourceMe, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Adriano

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in

    > This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
    > here..thanks.

    WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
    group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
    tech support. **** off.

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in
    >
    > > This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
    > > here..thanks.
    > >

    > WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
    > group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
    > tech support. **** off.

    It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply came
    from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan when
    someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is evidently
    for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech support.

    Thor, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Adriano

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply
    > came from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan
    > when someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is
    > evidently for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech
    > support.

    I didn't notice that. My bad.

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 29, 2003