    instance I just installed.

    Any suggestions on how to make them visible?

    Thanks....

    Bishoop, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Bishoop

    Cub Guest

    "Bishoop" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just installed a second instance of Windows XP Pro on another partition
    >in my PC to do some testing with a fresh install of the OS.
    >
    > Separate from the HDD where the OS is installed there are two drives in a
    > RAID config connected to a Promise controller. They are visible in
    > Windows Explorer from the original Win installation but not visible in the
    > new instance I just installed.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to make them visible?
    >
    > Thanks....

    Did you install the promise drivers during the new OS install ((Hit F6 etc
    for manufacturers drivers etc)

    Cub

    Cub, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Bishoop

    Bishoop Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in message

    > "Bishoop" <> wrote in message
    >>I just installed a second instance of Windows XP Pro on another partition
    >>in my PC to do some testing with a fresh install of the OS.
    >>
    >> Separate from the HDD where the OS is installed there are two drives in a
    >> RAID config connected to a Promise controller. They are visible in
    >> Windows Explorer from the original Win installation but not visible in
    >> the new instance I just installed.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on how to make them visible?
    >>
    >> Thanks....
    >>

    > Did you install the promise drivers during the new OS install ((Hit F6 etc
    > for manufacturers drivers etc)
    >
    > Cub

    Thanks Cub, I'm sure that's it. It has been so long since I installed the
    OS and I forgot all about that step.

    One of the "benefits" of getting old.

    Thanks again....

    Bishoop, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Bishoop wrote:

    > "Cub" <> wrote in message

    >> Did you install the promise drivers during the new OS install ((Hit F6
    >> etc for manufacturers drivers etc)

    > Thanks Cub, I'm sure that's it. It has been so long since I installed
    > the OS and I forgot all about that step.
    >
    > One of the "benefits" of getting old.

    No worry, dig for the promise drivers. Since they are not necessary for
    booting, they can as well be installed afterwards. Go take a look at
    promise homepage, and check the exact type of your controller.

    Linux 2.6.12-mm2 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Jan 2, 2006