    Bolts 03/04 Stanley Cup Champs
    Arsenal 03/04 Unbeaten
    Rays 03/04 not last in AL East

    KerplunKuK, Sep 12, 2004

  2. KerplunKuK

    Ingeborg Guest

    "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in news:41444ad6$0$20249
    $:

    > Is it ok to run CD drives on raid, or is it better to use HDD?
    > Ideally I would like to have a cd writer on the raid channel, but I would
    > like to know if this would effect performance?
    >
    > All help appreciated.

    It's impossible to use a CD in a raid configuration. But if you mean that
    you want to use a raid card as an ordinairy IDE card, it's no problem, and
    I don't see a reason why it would effect performance.

    Ingeborg, Sep 12, 2004

  3. KerplunKuK

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in news:41444ad6$0$20249
    $:

    > Is it ok to run CD drives on raid, or is it better to use HDD?
    > Ideally I would like to have a cd writer on the raid channel, but I would
    > like to know if this would effect performance?

    Most RAID Controller manufacturers recommend against anything but hard
    drives on the RAID channel.

    Jim Berwick, Sep 12, 2004
  4. KerplunKuK

    KerplunKuK Guest

    Ingeborg wrote:
    > "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in news:41444ad6$0$20249
    > $:
    >
    >> Is it ok to run CD drives on raid, or is it better to use HDD?
    >> Ideally I would like to have a cd writer on the raid channel, but I
    >> would like to know if this would effect performance?
    >>
    >> All help appreciated.
    >>

    > It's impossible to use a CD in a raid configuration. But if you mean
    > that you want to use a raid card as an ordinairy IDE card, it's no
    > problem, and I don't see a reason why it would effect performance.

    Sorry yes, that was what I had meant, I want to use the raid card as and IDE
    controller.
    --
    Replace [dot] to reply

    KerplunKuK, Sep 12, 2004