RAID Controller Driver

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Michael Merritt, May 26, 2005.

  1. What is the RAID Controller? and where can I find the drivers for this?

    Michael

    Michael Merritt, May 26, 2005

  2. Redundancy Array Independent Disk:
    systems. RAID levels provide various mixes of performance, reliability, and
    cost. Some servers provide three of the RAID levels: Level 0 (striping),
    Level 1 (mirroring), and Level 5 (RAID-5).

    http://www.planetamd64.com
    http://bugmenot.com to bypass registration.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2005

  3. Michael Merritt

    NNBXX Guest

    Which RAID controller ? Adaptec ? Other ? SATA or SCSI ?

    For the Adaptec Ultra320 SCSI HostRAID controller, the driver can be found
    on the Dell's website, here :

    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...gory=0&os=WXPX&osl=en&deviceid=6432&devlib=35

    Best Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 26, 2005
  4. Im still in learning mode... LOL How can I tell what Raid Controller I
    have? I know that I have SATA on my system. Will that mean that it is
    automatically that one?

    Michael

    --
    Michael Merritt

    011-81-90-9392-6304 (From Ouside Japan)

    Michael Merritt, May 26, 2005
  5. Thanks for the help everyone! I solved this issue. =)

    Michael

    Michael Merritt, May 26, 2005
  6. Michael Merritt

    NNBXX Guest

    Hi Michael,

    That doesn't mean that it's automatically that one, but that was till now
    one of the most hard to find. But if you tell me that you have SATA on your
    system, so it's not this one. When you know which SATA controller you have,
    you can have a look here :

    http://www.planetamd64.com

    You have to register first (free), but to my knowledge, nobody has died yet
    for registering on a website...

    To know which SATA controller you have, please follow the steps below :

    1/ Control Panel
    2/ System
    3/ Hardware tab
    4/ Device Manager
    5/ SCSI and RAID controllers

    Cheers,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, May 26, 2005
  7. Michael Merritt

    NNBXX Guest

    You're welcome, Michael ! Enjoy !

    NNBXX, May 26, 2005
  8. Michael Merritt

    Rick Guest

    Michael Merritt wrote:
    > Im still in learning mode... LOL How can I tell what Raid Controller I
    > have?

    R.T.F.M. (Read The Friendly(!?) Manual - i.e.; the user's manual that
    came with your system.

    Rick, May 27, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa, May 27, 2005