    Lansbury
    www.uk-air.net
    FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    Lansbury, Jun 1, 2006

  2. "Lansbury" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just trying to install the Linksys SPA3000, ordered from Broadband Buyer
    > at
    > 4.50pm yesterday and here at 9.15 this morning.
    >
    > When dialling out I get a rapid busy signal. Have followed the
    > instructions on
    > my providers site but this hasn't solved the problem. (basically port
    > forwarding)
    >
    > Any idea as to which setting I might have wrong which could cause this.
    >
    > --
    > Lansbury
    > www.uk-air.net
    > FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?

    If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone, it's
    network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

    Regards

    --
    David Topping
    david.topping<at>gnuemail.com

    PGP Key: 0xB171F108
    GnuPG Key: 0xC1550505
    Available from: http://www.gnuemail.com/david.topping/
    ---

    David Topping, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Lansbury

    Lansbury Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:31:24 +0100, "David Topping"
    <> wrote:

    >Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?
    >
    >If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone, it's
    >network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

    It's a single tone. The line I'm dialling isn't busy as it is in the same room
    as the VoIP phone.

    If I plug the locked PAP2, which was supplied, back in everything works ok.

    Lansbury, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Lansbury

    Jono Guest

    "Lansbury" <> wrote in message
    > Just trying to install the Linksys SPA3000, ordered from Broadband Buyer
    > at
    > 4.50pm yesterday and here at 9.15 this morning.
    >
    > When dialling out I get a rapid busy signal. Have followed the
    > instructions on
    > my providers site but this hasn't solved the problem. (basically port
    > forwarding)
    >
    > Any idea as to which setting I might have wrong which could cause this.
    >
    > --
    > Lansbury
    > www.uk-air.net
    > FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    I am struggling, try as I might, to guess which provider you are using. :)

    I would be pleased to help, as would many here.......but give us a bit more
    info.

    Your issue could be adapter specific, ITSP specific or even network
    specific.

    If all the provider offered were port forwarding instructions, what have you
    set up for a dial plan?

    Does your provider require numbers to be dialled in full international
    format? If so, is that being catered for in your dial plan.? Do you get a
    busy signal when dialling out on the Line 1 voip provider or, when you dial
    on the PSTN gateway?

    Does the phone on Line 1 ring on inound calls for VOIP & PSTN?

    Also what do you mean by "Raid busy signal"? Is that a provider I've not
    heard of?

    Jono, Jun 1, 2006
  5. Lansbury

    Lansbury Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:13:59 GMT, "Jono" <> wrote:

    >I am struggling, try as I might, to guess which provider you are using. :)

    It is Delta Three retail arm iconnecthere.com.

    >I would be pleased to help, as would many here.......but give us a bit more
    >info.
    >
    >Your issue could be adapter specific, ITSP specific or even network
    >specific.
    >
    >If all the provider offered were port forwarding instructions, what have you
    >set up for a dial plan?

    The provider supplied all the information required for an SPA2000, they do not
    support an SPA3000, including the dial plan. I can receive calls but not dial
    out.

    I have tried it with voipfone and it works and with exgn.net and it works.

    The dial plan iconnecthere.com give is

    Next to Dial Plan: enter:
    (*xx*xxxxxxxxxxx.|*x*xxxxxxxxxxx.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    >Does your provider require numbers to be dialled in full international
    >format? If so, is that being catered for in your dial plan.? Do you get a
    >busy signal when dialling out on the Line 1 voip provider or, when you dial
    >on the PSTN gateway?

    They just require the country code. I have only configured line 1 at present
    my router is to far away from the phone box to connect the PSTN. (Awaiting the
    arrival of the Linksys wireless unit for phone adaptors)

    >Does the phone on Line 1 ring on inound calls for VOIP & PSTN?

    Yes to VoIP haven't tried the PSTN

    >Also what do you mean by "Raid busy signal"? Is that a provider I've not
    >heard of?

    Sorry Typo should read rapid busy signal.

    Appreciate you help.

    Lansbury, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Lansbury

    Jono Guest

    Lansbury wrote :

    > The dial plan iconnecthere.com give is
    >
    > Next to Dial Plan: enter:
    > (*xx*xxxxxxxxxxx.|*x*xxxxxxxxxxx.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    I suggest trying a simple dial plan such as (*xx|xx.)

    Then do a test call dialling in the format 0044xxxxxxxxxx or
    44xxxxxxxxxx.

    Then, if that works, we can work on a proper dial plan.

    What's your local area code?

    Jono, Jun 1, 2006
  7. Lansbury

    Lansbury Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:37:14 +0100, Jono
    <> wrote:

    >What's your local area code?

    020 in London

    503 in Oregon

    Lansbury, Jun 2, 2006
  8. Lansbury

    <> wrote:

    >I suggest trying a simple dial plan such as (*xx|xx.)

    Just the same rapid busy signal.

    Lansbury, Jun 2, 2006
  9. Lansbury

    Mark BR Guest

    Lansbury wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:31:24 +0100, "David Topping"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?
    > >
    > > If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone,
    > > it's network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

    > It's a single tone. The line I'm dialling isn't busy as it is in the
    > same room as the VoIP phone.
    >
    > If I plug the locked PAP2, which was supplied, back in everything
    > works ok.

    In Cameroon, so suspect it is a French idea, there was a rapid single tone
    signal as the call was being set up before the ring tone/engaged signal
    starts - useful as setting up a call could take up to 90 seconds there.

    Mark BR

    Mark BR, Jun 2, 2006