    --
    Hike High Mountain
    Fish for Wild Trout
    Mark, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Mark

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in
    news:lv5Fb.4971$:

    > I have 2 TWO 40 Gb. hard drives mirrored on one cable.
    > if I add a 2 TWO 120 Gb. hard drives how can I do this with out losing
    > what is on the 40's.
    > Will the system make them stripped and need to be reformatted?

    Do you want to add them to the RAID array that already exists, or make a
    new RAID array with them? You can do the latter without affecting the
    first array, but if you want to make a 0+1 (sometimes called RAID 0+1 or
    RAID 10) array using all 4 drives you will have to backup all the data and
    destroy the existing array in order to create the new one.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Yes I guess I just want to add them to the exiting array.

    What would you call this setup when adding another drive without rebuilding
    the array

    Mark, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Mark

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in

    > What would you call this setup when adding another drive without
    > rebuilding the array

    I would call it "Not possible with consumer level equipment"

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Mark

    Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:24:34 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >"Mark" <> wrote in
    >
    >> What would you call this setup when adding another drive without
    >> rebuilding the array

    >I would call it "Not possible with consumer level equipment"

    Oh I get it. You are selling your services.
    , Dec 21, 2003
  6. Mark

    Mark Guest

    NONONONONo
    What I was just asking if it could be done. this is the first time I have
    had a raid array on my home computer.

    The last thing I want to do is back up 25Gb. I would not even know how to
    back up that much hard drive.

    Peace Mark

    Mark, Dec 21, 2003
  7. Mark

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    wrote in news:rmmbuv0ijhukcrekqdev20s2n1bpb2p5ht@
    4ax.com:

    > Oh I get it. You are selling your services.

    Yes, exactly. Despite working 38 hours a week in a food store, and 12
    hours a week at the school district supporting machines as old as P166s,
    and having 3 nights a week at school, I have time and money to travel
    around and sell my services and using really expensive equipment that I buy
    by working for under $15.00/hr. Guess you got me figured out good.

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 22, 2003
  8. Mark

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in news:5mpFb.10250$GO2.5770
    @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

    > What I was just asking if it could be done. this is the first time I have
    > had a raid array on my home computer.

    What I said was you can't do it with consumer level RAID equipment, as far
    as I know, without backing up and rebuilding the array.

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 22, 2003