    me what to do even tired chkdsk from the command prompt same problem.

    Thank You

    David Wells

    David Wells, Feb 16, 2004

  2. David Wells

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    David Wells <> wrote in
    news::

    > What program can you use to scan this kind of set up for drive error's
    > XP scan disk does not work it just say Windows was unable to finish
    > the disk check. The Xp Defrag tool seems to work ok. Can anyone tell
    > me what to do even tired chkdsk from the command prompt same problem.

    chkdsk should work fine. If it doesn't, try chkdsk /x c:, which should
    prompt for a reboot since C is your system drive. If chkdsk won't run, I
    would highly suggest you make a current backup of your stuff because it
    sounds like something is about to die.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 17, 2004

  3. David Wells

    David Wells Guest

    Yes that worked ok using the chkdsk/x it said disk busy then asked me
    if I wanted to check next restart I said yes and it checked ok. Just
    wish there was a program you could use from in xp.

    Thank You

    David Wells

    David Wells, Feb 17, 2004
  4. David Wells

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    David Wells <> wrote in

    > Yes that worked ok using the chkdsk/x it said disk busy then asked me
    > if I wanted to check next restart I said yes and it checked ok. Just
    > wish there was a program you could use from in xp.

    You can't use chkdsk from within XP on the boot drive. Chkdsk unmounts the
    volume it is checking, you can't unmount the boot volume.

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 18, 2004