    thanks in advance
    Loris

    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. hellboy Guest

    Hi,

    In case of PAP the "password" field is encrypted using the secret key.
    If the secret key does not match the radius server will never have the
    right password.

    CHAP and MsChap do not use the "password" field like PAP. Hence the
    secret key isnt used in CHAP to encrypt the password. The Radius server
    will pass the authentication.

    hellboy, Feb 16, 2006