    Brand: CyberHome
    Catalog #: 16-3274
    Model: CH-DVD 300/S

    ddmcd, Oct 12, 2003

  2. ddmcd

    NeuroManson Guest

    My ex roomy bought one recently, and I had a chance to see it in action.
    It's a good basic player. His only complaint was not being able to find a
    universal remote code for it.

    NeuroManson, Oct 12, 2003

  3. ddmcd

    ddmcd Guest

    thanks

    it comes with a remote soproblems with universal remotes in my instance
    would not be a serious issue

    ddmcd, Oct 12, 2003
  4. ddmcd <> wrote in

    > My local Radio Shack is selling a small DVD player called CYBERHOME -
    > with progressive scan and other features. The price seems pretty good.
    > Any user comments? I like the small unit's size and it will be a
    > seoconfd player for extended stays away from home.
    >
    > $59.99
    > Brand: CyberHome
    > Catalog #: 16-3274
    > Model: CH-DVD 300/S

    Assuming it's a regular DVD player, and not a portable, it's probably fine.
    However, I bought (briefly) one of their portables. The DVD functionality
    was stellar, with a region-free code easily available (look around--it'll
    work on the regular unit too). The LCD, however, was blurry and had what I
    would describe as convergence issues if it had been a CRT--there were blue
    halos on one side and red halos on the other. Given that it's an LCD, and
    theoretically immune, I have no idea what that could have been. Needless
    to say, it went back that night.

    Geo
    --
    George Mealer
    geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

    "Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
    of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry

    George Mealer, Oct 14, 2003