    Is there any other card that fits with this system? I can return it
    tomorrow and get my $180 back but I can't wait for the store to order
    it again.
    Travis, Dec 23, 2006

  2. Travis

    Shoo Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I just bought an ASUS Eax1600Pro with the ATI Radeon x1600 Pro 512MB
    > DDR2 PCI-Express GPU. I tried to install it in my Dell Dimension 1100
    > and I realized that it won't fit. I don't have AGP and already have
    > one modem in it and it fits fine. But this card seems a tiny bit to
    > big for it.
    >
    > I'm wondering if the "ASUS" card is for ASUS motherboards only or for
    > any motherboard? Does my computer even have PCI-express as I can't
    > tell. I currently have no OS on it.
    >
    > Is there any other card that fits with this system? I can return it
    > tomorrow and get my $180 back but I can't wait for the store to order
    > it again.

    PCI-Express and PCI *aren't* the same thing.
    You probably need to exchange it for a PCI graphics card.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010380048 1069609642&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48
    Shoo, Dec 23, 2006

  3. Travis

    Pen Guest

    Shoo wrote:
    > Travis wrote:
    >> I just bought an ASUS Eax1600Pro with the ATI Radeon x1600 Pro 512MB
    >> DDR2 PCI-Express GPU. I tried to install it in my Dell Dimension 1100
    >> and I realized that it won't fit. I don't have AGP and already have
    >> one modem in it and it fits fine. But this card seems a tiny bit to
    >> big for it.
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if the "ASUS" card is for ASUS motherboards only or for
    >> any motherboard? Does my computer even have PCI-express as I can't
    >> tell. I currently have no OS on it.
    >>
    >> Is there any other card that fits with this system? I can return it
    >> tomorrow and get my $180 back but I can't wait for the store to order
    >> it again.

    > PCI-Express and PCI *aren't* the same thing.
    > You probably need to exchange it for a PCI graphics card.
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010380048 1069609642&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

    The 1100 has integrated Intel graphics and 3 PCI slots, but NO
    PCI-Express or AGP slots.
    Pen, Dec 23, 2006
  4. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Oh, somebody told me the 1100 had PCI-E. I had a crazy idea that an
    "ASUS" branded card was build and shaped for a ASUS computer. I'll have
    to go to penticton then.

    Travis, Dec 23, 2006
  5. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I'm thinking of an ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI. Don't tell how bad this
    card is but I want to know the good as I think it's the best card I can
    find that is PCI. I like the good price but would be willing to spend
    up to $260 on a good PCI card that is available in Penticton, as I need
    this card before christmas.

    Travis, Dec 23, 2006
  6. Travis

    Brian Guest

    I would recommend the ATI chipset for Intel CPU and NVidia chipset for AMD
    processors. I have had good luck with those matchups. The more memory the
    better.
    Brian, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Travis

    Robert Baer Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > Oh, somebody told me the 1100 had PCI-E. I had a crazy idea that an
    > "ASUS" branded card was build and shaped for a ASUS computer. I'll have
    > to go to penticton then.
    >
    > Pen wrote:
    >
    >>Shoo wrote:

    >>>PCI-Express and PCI *aren't* the same thing.
    >>>You probably need to exchange it for a PCI graphics card.
    >>>http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010380048 1069609642&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48
    >>>

    >>The 1100 has integrated Intel graphics and 3 PCI slots, but NO
    >>PCI-Express or AGP slots.

    "Integrated graphics" is the problem; ditch the motherboard and get
    one wiht an AGP or PCIE slot and a matching graphics card (lots to
    choose from).
    Robert Baer, Dec 23, 2006
  8. Travis

    Shoo Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I'm thinking of an ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI. Don't tell how bad this
    > card is but I want to know the good as I think it's the best card I
    > can find that is PCI. I like the good price but would be willing to
    > spend up to $260 on a good PCI card that is available in Penticton,
    > as I need this card before christmas.

    If you play games I would pick one that at least does DirectX 9

    Shoo, Dec 23, 2006