    The same divx movies play perfectly through Win media player.

    Going back to my earlier divx player doesn't solve anything.

    Any ideas?
    SNOman, Apr 2, 2006

  2. SNOman

    Mark Remfrey Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > just replaced my old 32mb card with 9550 (256Mb) at the same time I
    > upgraded my divx player to 6.1 and now my divxs play like crap. The
    > bottom 1/3 of the screen is a blurred white and the rest of the screen
    > is a ghosted flickering image.
    >
    > The same divx movies play perfectly through Win media player.
    >
    > Going back to my earlier divx player doesn't solve anything.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You might want to check your Radeon drivers. I don't use the standard
    ATI ones, these are much better.....

    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    Regards,
    Mark Remfrey
    Mark Remfrey, Apr 3, 2006

  3. SNOman

    SNOman Guest

    Mark Remfrey wrote:
    > SNOman wrote:
    >> just replaced my old 32mb card with 9550 (256Mb) at the same time I
    >> upgraded my divx player to 6.1 and now my divxs play like crap. The
    >> bottom 1/3 of the screen is a blurred white and the rest of the screen
    >> is a ghosted flickering image.
    >>
    >> The same divx movies play perfectly through Win media player.
    >>
    >> Going back to my earlier divx player doesn't solve anything.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > You might want to check your Radeon drivers. I don't use the standard
    > ATI ones, these are much better.....
    >
    > http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mark Remfrey

    better, how?
    SNOman, Apr 3, 2006
  4. SNOman

    Mark Remfrey Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Mark Remfrey wrote:
    >> SNOman wrote:
    >>> just replaced my old 32mb card with 9550 (256Mb) at the same time I
    >>> upgraded my divx player to 6.1 and now my divxs play like crap. The
    >>> bottom 1/3 of the screen is a blurred white and the rest of the
    >>> screen is a ghosted flickering image.
    >>>
    >>> The same divx movies play perfectly through Win media player.
    >>>
    >>> Going back to my earlier divx player doesn't solve anything.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> You might want to check your Radeon drivers. I don't use the standard
    >> ATI ones, these are much better.....
    >>
    >> http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Mark Remfrey

    > better, how?

    They're written by one of the guys who actually develops/tests the
    Catalyst drivers for ATI. He writes his drivers as a hobby, and has
    tweaked them for better results, including an overclocking feature which
    won't exceed the limitations of the card.

    It beggars the question of why they don't use his instead, but it's
    probably an ATI thing.

    Anyway, they look and feel exactly like the Catalyst drivers, and are
    generally available before, or about the same time, that ATI release
    their public Catalyst set.

    I have used them since he started writing them, and they are rock-solid!

    Just my recommendations, take it or leave it :)

    Regards,
    Mark Remfrey
    Mark Remfrey, Apr 3, 2006
  5. SNOman

    David Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > just replaced my old 32mb card with 9550 (256Mb) at the same time I
    > upgraded my divx player to 6.1 and now my divxs play like crap. The
    > bottom 1/3 of the screen is a blurred white and the rest of the screen
    > is a ghosted flickering image.
    >
    > The same divx movies play perfectly through Win media player.
    >
    > Going back to my earlier divx player doesn't solve anything.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Did you upgrade the actual divx codec or just divx player? Why would you
    want to use it anyway? BTW, most days most "divxs" are actually XviD,
    and divx doesn't do the best job of decoding them. You can get the XviD
    codec from http://koepi.org/xvid.shtml, although getting DirectShow
    based players to use it when Divx is installed is another story, Divx
    always sets itself as highest priority and loads itself every time you
    open an MPEG4 file to enforce this.
    The best way is probably to uninstall Divx completely, as XviD can
    decode divx files, and it lets you encode too, for free and with
    superior quality.
    David, Apr 3, 2006
  6. SNOman

    scoot Guest

    Heres something that might interest you about your card

    http://www.168pin.co.uk/gfxflash/

    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/107

    scoot, Apr 3, 2006
  7. SNOman